Old 03-31-2015, 04:54 PM   #51

I've been to Grand Canyon in Dec, it can be chilly. Just the south side open. Flagstaff avg high/low in Dec 43/11

Old 03-31-2015, 04:54 PM   #52
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveandSue View Post
Man o man,I can't believe your bypassing Kansas.You can't miss the big ball of twine in Cawker City.Seriously there is some great sites to see here in my home state.Have fun an make some Kodak moments
The map/route/trip isn't finished yet, but the basic plan is to loop back through Kansas and some others come spring/summer. I'll hit Kansas- just need ideas for what is there. All I know of is that my wife's aunt lives somewhere there.

Old 03-31-2015, 04:56 PM   #53
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowgli64 View Post
I've been to Grand Canyon in Dec, it can be chilly. Just the south side open. Flagstaff avg high/low in Dec 43/11
Thanks. That's a bit cooler than I was hoping for. Giving up a prime month in summer is killing me!
Old 03-31-2015, 05:02 PM   #54
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Yep, Little Rock. I seriously have no idea what is in Arkansas.
I'll fix you up there. You are going to miss out if not going either more NW into the Ozarks or SW into Hot Springs or Petit Jean.

I'll send you some emails later on.

I've invented a new word. "Plagiarism"
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 05:10 PM   #55
Fulltime family RVer

1 year, cross country and back- Now or Never

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
I'll fix you up there. You are going to miss out if not going either more NW into the Ozarks or SW into Hot Springs or Petit Jean.

I'll send you some emails later on.
The problem I'm having everywhere is the extremely limited time at each destination. While we are there for a week, we only really have 2-days for sightseeing. Mondays are to be our travel day to get from one location to the next and Tuesday-Friday, I have to work 10-hour days.
Old 03-31-2015, 05:18 PM   #56
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinmaker View Post
Ependyday. Would you mind if I ask what you do for a living? You mention your ability to work a bit while traveling yet seem to be employed by someone. I think we all dream of doing what you are doing. I wonder how you are making that aspect of it work.

Thanks,

Vin.

Ok, I had my fun. I'm a computer programmer- specifically I develop web-based business applications. I have a normal, salaries, 9-5 job. For my first 7 years on the project, I worked full-time on-site. When the company lost the contract and the next contractor picked me up, their office is like 50-miles from my house across and it's horrific traffic, so they let me work from home full time. We have people in southwest Virginia, North Carolina, and most recently opened an office in Louisiana plus a multitude of people who work from their houses all over. About 4 years ago, I got our pop-up camper and worked from that. It worked well enough and set the precedence that I could get my work done working from "non-traditional" locations.
Old 03-31-2015, 05:33 PM   #57

Quote:
LOL, tis true. I do suck. Actually, I'm open to sight-seeing ideas from you for Atlanta. I'm pretty well drawing a blank for what's in the area.
Best CG near Atlanta is Stone Mountain Park. I haven't camped there yet but the facilities are reputedly very nice (I'll check and report to you, I've been wanting to spend a weekend there.) plus you're right there. Plenty to do, the aforementioned Stone Mountain, Six Flags on the other side of Atlanta, in Atlanta is the World of Coke, The High Museum, Oakland Cemetery if you like old cemeteries, the state capital tour is nice, Jonesboro south of town does a Return to Tara tour based off of Gone With the Wind, plenty of touristy old towns to visit, and the mountainous areas of north Ga are within reach.

Depends on how far you want to reach out from base camp.

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 06:27 PM   #58

Quote:
Yep, Little Rock. I seriously have no idea what is in Arkansas.
Selling VCRS at Walmart in Little Rock....
Old 03-31-2015, 07:34 PM   #59

Quote:
pron star. I make dvds in the camper and ship them back to editors wherever i find a mail drop.
i knew it!!!!

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 1000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 07:37 PM   #60
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
Selling VCRS at Walmart in Little Rock....

I assume that's some quote from something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinmaker View Post
i knew it!!!!

So, wanna go "camping"?