Old 04-02-2015, 07:38 PM   #61
Fulltime family RVer

I rearranged the route to try and pickup some warmer weather for some of the national parks out west.

I did just notice that we are supposed to be switching campgrounds on July 4, 2016- so I'll have to adjust that a bit.

I welcome all input still - there are a lot of places that I just don't know what is there or around.

Spreadsheet of stops, attractions, and whatnot
- I even added average highs/lows for the destinations that I could.

Old 04-02-2015, 07:51 PM   #62
Mod free 5er

Missing Branson, MO and Eureka Springs, AR are major misses from an entertainment and educational standpoint especially when you are so close.

Old 04-02-2015, 07:55 PM   #63
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Missing Branson, MO and Eureka Springs, AR are major misses from an entertainment and educational standpoint especially when you are so close.

It looks like I could pickup both of those in one stop. I added Hot Springs because of wmtire's post. I could probably add these as a week before Dallas.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:11 PM   #64
Mod free 5er

Silver Dollar City in Branson is a family delight. Everything is 1800's style with rides, glass blowing, broom making, metal spinning, building log cabins, duplicating lathes, basket weaving, kids rides out the ying yang, silver mine café (under ground) where the kids can "pan for silver", eat off metal pie pans, Marvel cave is breath taking, Conestoga wagon building, etc. Everything is made using equipment from the 1800's and the people can see it being made.

Eureka Springs is known as the Switzerland of the Ozarks. They put on the Passion Play which is the last 3 days of Christ's life and it has a statue similar to Christ the Redeemer in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

You really need to allot 2 weeks for these 2 places if you only get weekends.

We've been there at least 7 or 8 times and would go back in a minute if we weren't so old. Was taken there as a child, parent and then grandparents.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:30 AM   #65

Lake Ouachita, Arkansas is very close to hot spring. It's almost like being at ocean water is so clear. Its great for snorkeling. It might be a nice break from the city of hot spring. I know everyone wants pictures. We want to dream Too. Thanks and enjoy!! Old Coot's spots are great. We love both of them hit a couple times a year.
Hensley Cub hitch ,
jlgail4309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 11:09 AM   #66

Here is a challenge if you can reduce costs parking in the yards of Frogs along the way that could be fun!

I don't have a backyard to offer and Live in Canada as well so my place is out.
Old 04-03-2015, 11:26 AM   #67
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
Here is a challenge if you can reduce costs parking in the yards of Frogs along the way that could be fun!

I don't have a backyard to offer and Live in Canada as well so my place is out.
So nice of you to offer other people's facilities and exclude yours. Are you by chance a politician by trade?
Old 04-03-2015, 12:14 PM   #68

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpipeliner View Post
Not sure where you are planning to stay at Little Rock. If coming I 30 east and going to I 40 west. YOU DO NOT WANT TO UNLESS 430 bypass. They have an overpass cut or tore down the left hand lane. You will be leaning towards the concrete barriers and its a curve.

Went over it a couple weeks ago with my father in 18 wheeler while getting my CDLs. He was not happy about it. Can use the crystal hill exit and and one mile and avoid the bridge.

I would want someone to let me know about a potential bad situation.

Attachment 72658

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

If you are coming through use I440 to go around Little Rock unless you are planning to stay in the Little rock area. If you plan to stay in Little Rock, there is a great camping area on the river at Maumelle. Plus if you are in this area in the near future fishing will be really good soon, maybe I can take you out one day.

DW of 24 Years.
Hope to meet you on the trail.
ejw7213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 10:08 PM   #69

Your stay in Vegas should be a good time as our "winters" hardly get under 40 degrees. The tricky part will be that the National Finals Rodeo will be in town until the 12th making the city very busy and Rv spots will be at premium pricing. Would love to have a frosty adult beverage with you when you are here and if there is a show you want to see, I have no problem with trying to get you the locals discount- usually 2 for 1.

Now, flagstaff around that time is a different story. Usually in the teens and snow- they are at 8000'. If you do go there is an rv park called black Bart's that also has a steakhouse there which the staff is actually drama students from the college and they all perform and sing on stage during your dinner. Lake Havasu city has a hot air ballon event around that time and is much warmer. Or just go thru Phoenix to Tucson or Sedona. Lo lo Mai campground is a nice family owned park outside sedona and can put you right on the creek that runs behind it. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1428116874.503583.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	73014

Pm for more questions/answers and we are so jealous!

2014 Stealth Evo 2850 "Woodstock"
2011 Toyota Tundra Rock Crawler TRD 5.7 "Clifford"

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 02:38 PM   #70
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONDAMAN174 View Post
Your stay in Vegas should be a good time as our "winters" hardly get under 40 degrees. The tricky part will be that the National Finals Rodeo will be in town until the 12th making the city very busy and Rv spots will be at premium pricing. Would love to have a frosty adult beverage with you when you are here and if there is a show you want to see, I have no problem with trying to get you the locals discount- usually 2 for 1.

Now, flagstaff around that time is a different story. Usually in the teens and snow- they are at 8000'. If you do go there is an rv park called black Bart's that also has a steakhouse there which the staff is actually drama students from the college and they all perform and sing on stage during your dinner. Lake Havasu city has a hot air ballon event around that time and is much warmer. Or just go thru Phoenix to Tucson or Sedona. Lo lo Mai campground is a nice family owned park outside sedona and can put you right on the creek that runs behind it.
For Vegas, I'm hoping to use the Thousand Trails park there. I've heard it isn't great, but the price is right. I have a 90-day reservation window there, so we'll see. Depending on cancellation policies, maybe I'll make a backup plan.

I'm having a devil of a time with Flagstaff and Yosemite and getting there when it's warm enough to really enjoy it. My timing and route are making it hard. We'll see.

Thanks for the info, though!