Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2017, 11:48 PM   #1

Apps For Campgrounds on Desired Route

My wife and I take our trips kind of unplanned. She says we are travelers, not campers. Whatever?? Anyway, is there an app for campgrounds that are on a road that we are traveling on. Or, if you give it a hiway or route, will it tell you the campgrounds on that road. Any advice or info would be appreciated!! "PEACE" Ol Geezer
olgeezer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 07:13 AM   #2
Site Team

Apps For Campgrounds on Desired Route

I use "RV Parks & Campgrounds" on my iPhone. You can search for a city, for instance, or swipe its map to an area and get drop points for campgrounds, fuel stops, state parks, etc.
Oops... error posting pic. Will try again later.

EDIT: RV Parks & Campgrounds is free... can't get cheaper than that unless someone pays you to use theirs!

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 08:02 AM   #3

the simplest and free method is to use Google Maps Overview/Streetview in the general overview of where you think you'll be when it's time to stop...

as you see some 'RV PARKS' or 'CAMPGROUNDS' show up on the map, you can zoom in to see not only more detail of the park, but it may also start to show even more parks that were not on the original search...

otherwise... PassportAmerica has a terrific app, and when you join you get 1/2 price at the member parks - we use this as our starting point, and use google maps for other options in the same generally area...
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 08:19 AM   #4
Censored Member

I use RVParky on my Android smartphone. It's a free app and works great.
ManlyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 08:59 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by olgeezer2 View Post
My wife and I take our trips kind of unplanned. She says we are travelers, not campers. Whatever?? Anyway, is there an app for campgrounds that are on a road that we are traveling on. Or, if you give it a hiway or route, will it tell you the campgrounds on that road. Any advice or info would be appreciated!! "PEACE" Ol Geezer
There are several. I use Iexit on my droid based cell phone. It doesn't always list all the facilities at the exit. I know this because I put in the exit near my house and it doesn't have the local county forest preserve campground. But it generally does find services at each exit.
tdiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 09:00 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
I use "RV Parks & Campgrounds" on my iPhone. You can search for a city, for instance, or swipe its map to an area and get drop points for campgrounds, fuel stops, state parks, etc.
Oops... error posting pic. Will try again later.

EDIT: RV Parks & Campgrounds is free... can't get cheaper than that unless someone pays you to use theirs!

That's a good one Dan!
I like how you can filter out the non-interesting icons and use the google earth from the lower rt hand side of the screen to actually see the CG sites
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 09:50 AM   #7

Free is good but...

For $9.99 we have the Allstays Camp & RV App. They offer family sharing so we pay once and both my wife and I can D/L the app without an additional fee.

IMHO, it is the best RV app out there - shows everything including dump stations and RV services.

Allstays | Campgrounds | RV Parks
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 10:06 AM   #8
Pickin', Campin', Mason

I have all three mentioned... RV Parks & Campgrounds, RVParky and Allstays Camp & RV App. They each have their pluses and minuses.

I find myself using Allstays more than the rest.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 01:17 PM   #9

X2 to the 5picker response.
maryanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 01:34 PM   #10

Pre planning

This my go against your take it as it comes RVing but I use MS Street& Trips on my tablet, lets me put in a complete route (changeable as you go) and I "look out" the distance we want to drive each leg. Then I check the points of interest around the area we want to stop. POI is selectable for RV parks, campgrounds dining, historical, etc. The POI's that you select can be clicked on for information (phone number, address & web site if you have wi-fi) Again I only use it to Pre-plan.
Burk
Burk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 01:43 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
Free is good
For $9.99 we have the Allstays Camp & RV App. They offer family sharing so we pay once and both my wife and I can D/L the app without an additional fee.

IMHO, it is the best RV app out there - shows everything including dump stations and RV services.

Ditto on All Stays. Has more info than you could ask for.
twoclaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 01:55 PM   #12

I'll ditto the RV Parky app a 1000X. I think it's the best thing since sliced bread. In fact I use it way more that I eat sandwiches.

Happy Camping!
Old 01-12-2017, 01:56 PM   #13
Site Team

Try this site: RV Park Reviews - Trusted Reviews of Campgrounds & RV Parks

There is a free app as well
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 01:59 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
Free is good but...

Agree completely, this is the best app and can check availability on reserve America within the ap.
Old 01-12-2017, 03:00 PM   #15
happy_camper

Good Sams route planner would work too

If your a Good Sams member, the on-line route program will show campgrounds selectively, i.e. Good Sams parks and others.
wwachsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 03:04 PM   #16

I would love to know that, as well ?
Denny B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 03:29 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwachsman View Post
If your a Good Sams member, the on-line route program will show campgrounds selectively, i.e. Good Sams parks and others.
I use the Good Sam trip planner, it shows ratings and on the map view how far the campgrounds are from the road I am traveling on and that is information I like. Also, our GPS will show campgrounds nearby. Bit based on your definition we are campers not travelers. Plan ahead campers also I may add. Good Luck!

Rudy - 10 year old long haired dachshund, RIP
2011 Georgetown 350TS
2013 Chevrolet Equinox toad
RudysWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 03:51 PM   #18

X2 on the Good Sams Travel Planner app. The thing I like best about it is that you can plug in your route AND how far from that route you are willing to go for a campground...and it creates a corridor of information that wide along your route. You can include good sam AND other campgrounds as well as anything else you are interested in like shopping or fuel or restaurants OR weird stuff along the way!

I also use AllStays and campgroundreviews.com to help narrow the choices down and insure all the ameneties I want are there are the park is well kept etc.
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 08:54 PM   #19

I like rv parks and campgrounds, I have used it on a trip from NC to Yellowstone and on a lot of trips. It's a great apps and you can't beat free. I have rv Parky but I hardly ever use it

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 09:41 PM   #20

Curious, I am wondering if anyone is using Rv Trip Wizard. I watched a youtube for it and it looked pretty good. I went to their Facebook page and nothing had been added since 2015.

It is certainly not free, but not bad. I just hate dropping a dime on something that by still be on the internet but not updated.

Your thoughts appreciated and it may help the OP too.

ChipBruce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mpg