Old 11-17-2014, 02:26 PM   #11
Mine is not RV related but just last week I drove 50 miles to the nearest Menards lumber yard to buy vinyl siding needing double 4 1/2 inch to match existing siding. They tell me they don't have 4 1/2 in stock but can order it in - don't want to wait so I went one mile to Lowes & they tell me the same story. Now as Paul Harvey used say for the rest of the story! Yes I bought a box of the double 5 inch & it wasn't until I got home that I realized what I had done. So it was a trip back to return it - yes a 100 mile round trip.

The scary thing is we will be 80 in Jan so is this what we can expect to come?

Everett & Joan after 60 years together. 2004 1/2 ton Chevy & 2011 Rockwood 1809S

Number of nights camped in 2012 65
Number of nights camped in 2013 82
Number of nights camped in 2014 105!
Number of nights camped in 2015 81
Emptypockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 02:34 PM   #12
2015 Forester MBS 2401W
what's your question again?

HomeOnWheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 02:47 PM   #13
Later that same pop-up...

Unchocked the wheels before cranking the pin down and missed the ball.

Luckily, nearby post-race cleaning crew (at Watkins Glen) heard me augmenting the number and volume of adjectives and adverbs in the English language and came over the help lift it out of the soft ground and back onto the ball...I'm only 51, but not liking the previews of prolongued memory loss.

At that point, seriously began the travel trailer discussion. Long enough for two axles and not having to manually crank anything up and down anymore...
Jim, Alison & Murphy the goldendoodle

2004 Grand Surveyor by Forest River
26 ft. with Sofa Slide purchased in 2013
Upgrade from 2004 8 ft. Flagstaff by Forest River
Jim2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 03:03 PM   #14
Got loaded up (so I thought) for the Mount Rushmore trip, got to Rapid City took a shower then went to put on a pair of clean pants but there were none because I had left them on the bed at home..

Same place next day, got to Rushmore and remembered I forgot to grab my change bag for the penny machines.....
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 03:08 PM   #15
Almost back to back- dropped my camper off and left the keys in my pocket when I departed the dealership.

When my camper made its return trip to the factory, I locked the doors to the camper and didn't give keys to the delivery driver.

We're getting good at overnighting keys places.
2013 Sabre 36QBOK pulled by a 2012 Ram 3500 DRW
Blogs: Learn to RV & Personal Fulltiming Adventure
Towing Calculators: Towing Planner
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 03:30 PM   #16
Site Team
Originally Posted by ColoradoRick View Post
We can be SO forgetful! Don't be proud, post the silliest things you've done concerning's a few of ours:

-Reminding myself to fill up the truck before getting the camper out of the RV lot...and then driving home from the RV lot and noticing it's almost on "E"....grrrrr

-Forgetting VERY important food bread! (We've actually done that twice...I think it's because we don't want to crush the bread so leave it out while we lug out everything else.) Other things we've forgotten is drinking water and milk....oh, and one time we totally forgot to check on toilet paper and got all set up to discover SOMEONE was making a run to a store!

-But I think the MOST forgetful was when we drove all the way to the RV lot with the truck....and forgot to bring the ball and hitch which I used to store in the garage..but now we store it in the trailer!!!

You can get a plastic container designed to hold loaf of bread at Wal-Mart. I found something similar at the dollar type store that works for my use.

Back to the original question - When I was tent camping I forget to bring the extension cord to inflate the air mattress. There was a Wal-Mart close by. Another time while tent camping I forgot to bring a pillow. No matter what I used I was not comfortable so I headed down the mountain to find a Target or Wal-Mart. I don't like mountain driving to start with and to do it at night didn't help at all.
Great choice for "Living within my means" and camping for one...

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 04:20 PM   #17
I would respond but I forgot my username and password!
2011 GMC Sierra 2500HD
2014 Rockwood 8289WS, Diamond Pkg.
WFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 04:47 PM   #18
first trip forgot beer!
Rockwood 8282 WS
2012 F-250 6.2
farfetched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 05:06 PM   #19
All the above Posts sound like the CRS
Frank- VA {:-{)
2004 4x4 Ford 6.0 PS, SCC, SB