Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2014, 10:30 AM   #41
Mod free 5er

Don't know how many times TOWTA and I have left the house and get about a mile from the house and ask each other did we put the garage doors down and turn around and drive back to check. So far, they've always been down. 2 yrs ago we did it with the camper and it's a little more difficult to turn around. We are getting in the habit now of just verifying it before we leave the drive. "Both doors down!" Check!!! We both now do separate checks on the different items that need turned off, etc before we leave for FL. Damn getting old is getting more difficult all the time.
Old 11-21-2014, 11:51 AM   #42
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Don't know how many times TOWTA and I have left the house and get about a mile from the house and ask each other did we put the garage doors down and turn around and drive back to check. So far, they've always been down. 2 yrs ago we did it with the camper and it's a little more difficult to turn around. We are getting in the habit now of just verifying it before we leave the drive. "Both doors down!" Check!!! We both now do separate checks on the different items that need turned off, etc before we leave for FL. Damn getting old is getting more difficult all the time.
See, if you were keeping up with the Joneses, you could check an app. and if it was up, close it remotely!
Old 11-21-2014, 01:19 PM   #43
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
See, if you were keeping up with the Joneses, you could check an app. and if it was up, close it remotely!
Don't know any Jones to keep up with.
Old 11-21-2014, 01:20 PM   #44
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Don't know any Jones to keep up with.
No kidding. We're quite the oddity here.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:13 PM   #45

Pulling in the slides, disconnecting the power only to realize the antenna is still up....
TeamPlumlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 06:02 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKnight View Post
Yeah, so long as I don't progress into full blown CRAFT (Think on it, you'll get it.) then I'll be ok.

Even then, if I can hold on to the part that tells me I gotta pee then it will be fine.

Mods, feel free to kill this one if that's too much.
I just want to remember to unzip. LOL
2014 Forester 3051s
2013 Fiat 500 Sport
Workin on my Curmudgeon badge
rapiniii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 08:57 AM   #47

I once set down my suitcase full of clothes to lock the front door....and it stayed there for our whole 10 day vacation. Yes, I forgot all of my clothes. We had no idea where they went until we got home and saw them sitting on the doorstep!
Kels4g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 12:16 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose83 View Post
I once set down my suitcase full of clothes to lock the front door....and it stayed there for our whole 10 day vacation. Yes, I forgot all of my clothes. We had no idea where they went until we got home and saw them sitting on the doorstep!
Now that's pretty bad....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 12:25 PM   #49

Left the KINg FLUSH running until water was coming out of the trailer door. Grey tank

Keith,Karen,Brianna, and Jessica
2015 F250 KingRanch, Powerstoke 6.7, 373 gears,
Prime Time Owner #81
2012 Tracer 3150bhd Delivered 10-22-2011
Nights Camped 2012 - 9 ,2013 - 7,2014-16
kwjeepxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 08:38 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Now that's pretty bad....
It was awful.
Kels4g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 09:58 AM   #51

How about this, not camping related, but proof that something must be wrong with me.

I taught an auto air conditioning clinic this past Thursday. I studied the 308(!) slide PowerPoint show until I almost had it memorized, printed my books out, gathered all my necessary stuff, and left for the class site 100 miles from home.

I'm there two hours early, I go to the local convenience store to grab myself a couple of drinks to have on hand and as I'm clearing the door suddenly I realize, my computer bag with my laptop is still sitting on the kitchen floor, 100 miles away.

So how's that for forgetful?

I borrowed a laptop, was able to download my file off the company website and nobody knew the difference, but seriously?

That level of forgetfulness means I'll probably leave the 5er behind on my next camping trip.

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 10:14 AM   #52

I forgot what I was going to post.
mcnabbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 12:04 PM   #53

1. Left home still plugged in to shore power. The cord unplugged itself at the wall. Long cord from the TT plus the 30 foot extension cord dragging along. I felt the "snap" and stopped immediately. No damage done. I now do one more walk around than I think I need.

2. Forgot to plug the TT into the truck. Dragged the TT connector for many miles. The asphalt ground it down. I had to replace it.

3. Forgot to chock the TT wheels front and back before disconnecting from truck. Fortunately it rolled forward and stopped after just a few inches of roll when the tongue hit the truck. If it had rolled backwards it could have been worse. After that I always left the safety cables attached until after I disconnected.

That is it, so far.

We have replaced the TT with an MH recently. I am also old enough to notice that my memory is not as good as it used to be. Can't wait to see how I mangle something with the MH.
ATV trailer for the following toys
2008 Yamaha WR250R,2009 Honda CRF150F
2008 Polaris Scrambler 500
PopBeavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 01:01 PM   #54

Had an R-Pod & only chocked one wheel. Spun its self about 1/3 of the way around. Pretty exciting ride.
Papa GLS is offline   Reply With Quote