Old 11-16-2014, 08:33 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus
Are You Forgetful?

We can be SO forgetful! Don't be proud, post the silliest things you've done concerning's a few of ours:

-Reminding myself to fill up the truck before getting the camper out of the RV lot...and then driving home from the RV lot and noticing it's almost on "E"....grrrrr

-Forgetting VERY important food bread! (We've actually done that twice...I think it's because we don't want to crush the bread so leave it out while we lug out everything else.) Other things we've forgotten is drinking water and milk....oh, and one time we totally forgot to check on toilet paper and got all set up to discover SOMEONE was making a run to a store!

-But I think the MOST forgetful was when we drove all the way to the RV lot with the truck....and forgot to bring the ball and hitch which I used to store in the garage..but now we store it in the trailer!!!

Rick & Karen
(Retired USAF, MSgt)
Monument, Colorado
5-year Travel Trailer RVers
2013 Forest River Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2904SS
2014 Toyota Tundra Maxcrew SR-5 TRD 4x4
ColoradoRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 12:08 PM   #2
I showed up at the storage lot and opened my truck bed cover to realize that I forgot my fifth wheel hitch.

I've done the gas thing more times than I care to count.

But, my most angry at myself... forgetting that I need to fill my 2nd propane tank until I've run slap out of propane (more than once).

2013 Sabre 36QBOK pulled by a 2012 Ram 3500 DRW
Blogs: Learn to RV & Personal Fulltiming Adventure
Towing Calculators: Towing Planner
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 12:20 PM   #3
We were going out for 2 weeks, the first week was for the Frogtoberfest Rally, the second week was just by ourselves. Well.......I forgot to buy groceries IE: dinners for the first week for 6 people. But the good news I had meals for the second week.
Al and Deb
Sarge, Sugar and Ginger
2006 Silverado "Predator"
2011 Greywolf 26rl "Wounded Wolf"
camped 2013 94 days 2014 24 days

nuisance is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 12:58 PM   #4
On vacation two years ago loaded the car on the dolly and forgot to release the parking brake. Found out about it that night when we stopped. Luckily the brake wasn't set tight, but did cost me new brakes and drums when I got home. Needless to say learn from your mistakes hasn't happened since but I don't set the parking brake any more either. Happy Camping.
Henry & Tena
2013 Solera 24S
The Great Escape
hkreck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 01:06 PM   #5
Site Team
We made a 600 mile trip to Ruidoso, NM this summer. Since I don't normally carry much cash, I picked some off the cash tree in the garden. When I made a stop in west Texas, I discovered I didn't have my cash cache. When I returned home, I found the cash stashed in the pocket stuff drawer in my office! I was blessed to have Uncle Gene with me since he had 4x all our cash needs.

Same trip - when we arrived, I reached for my ring of keys to unlock DW's bicycle from my truck bed and the cable lock which secured my bicycle and my storage box containing a small grill, charcoal, hand tools, etc., on my back bike platform. No keys! Mom's bike spent the entire trip in the truck bed. I twisted off the storage box lock tab so I could use all that stuff. I found the ring of keys on its normal key ring hook in the house.
SEARCH is your friend!
FR Wildcat 295RSX / GMC Sierra

Nights Camped: 2013 = 49 / 2014 = 74 / 2015 = 74 / 2016 = 74 (booked = 11)
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 01:09 PM   #6
I bought a HD satellite dish, tripod and cables for the rv. Got all the way to the state park near Roswell when I found I did not have the satellite receiver!
Goody Two Shoes and the Filthy Beast
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
Duramax and Allison 6 speed
2012 Wildcat 282RKX

You can't make things idiot proof, you can only make them idiot resistant.
Filthy Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 01:22 PM   #7
I forgot did I answer you already on this..
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 01:46 PM   #8
You are not alone

En route to Road America with a pop-up. Used the seperate key ring with the car, home and trailer tongue lock keys on top of the tonneau cover of the (4-day old 2013 model) pick-up truck to line up the centre of the truck box and the pop-up hitch. Hooked on the trailer, connected the lights, stowed the wheel chocks and the tongue support pilon in the door of the trailer, loaded up the wife and new dog, and drove away from the hotel parking lot, headed north. Got to Road America, unhooked the trailer, re-chocked the wheels, levelled her up and started unloading the jammed bed of the pick-up truck. I then realized that the key for the PAD lock keeping the p-up top locked to the bottom half was on the other key ring, likely somewhere between Milwaukee and Elkhart Lake. Called the hotel; reported to the local police service in case somebody found them.
Luckily, camper area supervisor had a generator and reciprocating saw handy. I held the tiny pad lock with my fingers while he carefully hacked off the further wounds to the trailer; just my pride.
Replaced the keys I could when I got back home to Canada.
Jim, Alison & Murphy the goldendoodle

2004 Grand Surveyor by Forest River
26 ft. with Sofa Slide purchased in 2013
Upgrade from 2004 8 ft. Flagstaff by Forest River
Jim2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 02:20 PM   #9
Forgot the keys to the tongue lock with no way to cut the lock. Left the hitch on the trailer, pulled the luckily non locking pin out and let it hang there. Time to go, fiddled around for a long time getting the truck lined up enough to slide the hitch back in the receiver.

Left my LP tanks behind once. That was realized while I was still close to home. Long story, don't ask.

Forgot to chock the wheels before unhitching. Trailer off ball, chains loose, daughter decides she has to pee now and goes inside despite my orders otherwise, trailer takes off, I prove why the breakaway switch stays connected until it's solid. It probably wouldn't have made it terribly far, just over the side of the mountain is all.

That enough?
Now-2014 Sierra 346RETS 5er BUB
Then-2002 Keystone Springdale 286RLDS TT

Nights camped in 2014-28, 2015-127, 2016-10
SKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 02:21 PM   #10
Not to worry. It's a pretty normal part of the three phases of getting old. They say the first thing to go is your libido. The second this is your memory. . . . . I forgot what the third thing is.

00buck is offline   Reply With Quote