Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2012, 04:58 PM   #1

Branson MO Heads Up

I wanted to give anyone who might be visiting Branson a little known tip. Use the restroom in the Shoji Tabuchi theater. Shoji takes restrooms to a whole other lever. Many years his restrooms are in the running to be voted the best restroom in America. This applies to both the women’s and the men’s, although I haven’t seen the women’s personally, my wife came out raving about it. The first time I walked into the men’s room in his theater I thought I must have walked through the wrong door because of the attendant standing by a billiard table.

Check it out if you’re ever in Branson, MO.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:34 PM   #2

I had to check them out. Wow!!!
frankm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:11 PM   #3

Thanks for the HEADS up! April 17 reservations at Table Rock State Park. We will have to be sure to make a visit.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:36 PM   #4

My niece worked for him for many years in branson. Yes the bathrooms are fabulous and Mr Tobuchi is really a nice guy.My niece did 12 shows a week with one day off. From the time she went to work she never left the building. He would cater meals in every day. She said it was weeks before they ate the same things twice. He worked his crews hard and pays them well. Couldn't undeerstand a word he said but man could he play that fiddle!!!! He was classically trained as a concert violinist but came to americe when he was a teen and took a trip to nashville......Been playing a "fiddle" ever since.....
imabmwnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:20 PM   #5

Hey Rebel, we are coming down to Table Rock on April 20th. Indian Point campground. You guys still going to be there?

Randy and Patty
2015 Sabre 33 CKTS-6 Platinum Edition
Reese 16K Slider hitch
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD diesel dually
Old car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:25 PM   #6

Hi Randy,
Yes, we are scheduled 4/17 to 4/22. Space 227. BIL is fishing a club tournament on Saturday.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:47 PM   #7

That's pretty cool. I'll be there only two times this year (May and July). I'll have to check this out. We were looking for new things to try too.
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:53 PM   #8

Table Rock State Park Campground is one of our favorites, especially the new full hookup sites in campground #2. We're booked at Mill Creek C.O.E. campground April 13 & 14th. Mill Creek is the 2nd most booked campground(of Corp Of Engineer Campgrounds) on Table Rock Lake located just outside Kimberling City, MO. Only Indian Point campground by Silver Dollar City keeps booked more than the rest, but for lake-side sites right on the water, Mill Creek is hard to beat!
Battlefield, Missouri
F.R.O.G. Member
1st International F.R.O.G. Rally Branson Missouri
JohnandPandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:11 AM   #9

Thanks for the tip John adn Pandra. We try to get down there a couple times a year. We'll have to check out Mill Creek.

Randy and Patty
Reese 16K Slider hitch
Old 03-26-2012, 07:21 AM   #10

Me too!

We are staying at silver dollar city. Maybe I should move.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:48 AM   #11

Toby, Indian Point is on the road to Silver Dollar City, just a little further out. Makes getting in and out of the "city" a lot easier because you are opposite the traffic flow.

Randy and Patty
Reese 16K Slider hitch
Old 03-26-2012, 10:09 AM   #12

Yes, Indian Point COE is an excellent place to stay for a few days if you plan to visit Silver Dollar City. Only downside is that some of the sites are too short for fifth wheels and the sites are electric only. It’s a real bonus though to avoid the unbelievable traffic mess that comes in from the other side.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
ATU Local 788
Old 03-26-2012, 01:41 PM   #13

I think what I'll do is check it out when I'm down there in May. We aren't taking the camper in May, only in July. We will be on two wheels in May and so that's just another place to ride to.

I'll check it out. Someone said it was lakeside right?
Old 03-26-2012, 02:01 PM   #14

Yes, it is lakeside. Just take Indian Point road and follow the signs to Indian Point campground. You'll go right past Silver Dollar City on the way. You'll also pass by Lakeview RV park which has an entrance road that is incredibly steep. A lot of trailers have scraped going into that park.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
ATU Local 788
Old 03-26-2012, 08:14 PM   #15

If you're checking out Indian Point C.O.E. campground, once you pass the check in office, go to the right going towards' the sites 61-78. We stayed at #76, which was huge & had water/50 amp electric. I think all those in that loop are water/electric & alot are good size for a big 5th wheel. You will have no view of the water, but the sites are spaced generously between your neighbors. If you go to the left after the check in office, you'll see how cramped the sites are.
Battlefield, Missouri
F.R.O.G. Member
Old 03-26-2012, 08:42 PM   #16

Hey thanks for all the tips. I'm going to check it out. We normally stay at the Wilderness which is the SDC campground. I like the staff there. The showers are really nice too. One thing I don't like is some of the camp sites are about 6 feet from the highway. We only fell for that the first year though when we had our pop up there. We also stayed across the street at the Compton a few times and that one is down and away from the highway.

BUT

If we had a lakeside campground we can twist some arms and get some friends to come with us with their barge. Wouldn't that be fun?
Old 03-26-2012, 09:02 PM   #17

If you want right on the water & not very far away from Silver Dollar City, check out Mill Creek on recreation.gov on the peninsula arm to the left. New water/50 amp electric sites just steps from the water. Many pull thru sites very good size. It can be windy right on the point but the sites toward the cove or swimming area are really nice. Kimberling City is real close to Branson West, just minutes from S.D.C. Once at Kimberling City, go across the bridge(south) on Hwy. 13 about 2 or 3 miles,then right(there is a very good barbeque place at the Mill Creek turn-off) . They have a nice boat ramp and pretty good fishing there too!
Battlefield, Missouri
F.R.O.G. Member

Tags
branson