Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2015, 05:30 PM   #1
Site Team

Camp life

After flip-flopping between possible camping options I finally headed out within 30 minutes of making a choice. Traffic wasn't bad considering construction and time being late afternoon. Arrived at campground and found a car parked in my site and the driver was not around. Didn't think the turn into the curved pull-through completely through and quickly found the turn was too sharp for the TT. With help I got out of the site and went site seeing as I made a figure 8 so I could come in from the other direction. By this time the car was moved but nit before then driver mentioning something about leaving her number. She moved the car to the camp host site across from me.

Had a great and relaxing time camping on the beach. However there was more train activity than previous time. Around midnight a freight train or two would came by. It was pretty loud in my TT but friends were tent camping. I kidded about shining headlights onto the tent next time the freight train came through. LOL add in some wheel squealing as the train slowed down it was pretty much like one of "I Love Lucy" shows. Joan mentioned this morning that there wasn't any loud trains last night. When I told her otherwise and about my window rattling her husband said he woke up and thought it was an earthquake.

Arrived at the next campground early. I was due here yesterday but stayed an extra night at the other place. Made good time setting up. But when I was almost finished with the sewer hose I heard my truck door open and then slammed. I saw a few kids and thought they were mistaken about the truck. As I walked to the truck the back door was opened and slammed shut again. The kids laughed about it before heading away quickly. I took a second to make sure my laptop was still there before heading over to speak with the parents. I followed the kids. As I was speaking with one mother another woman came out and no, the kids just arrived and hadn't left the site. Finally the first lady explained to her that she left the boys out to walk to camp which included walking past my truck.

One of the boys was asked by the second woman if he had opened my truck door and after a pause said "no". I don't want trouble so I apologized if he or his friends did not do so but if they did please not do it again. I also included that had they not been at the truck when the two driver's side doors were opened they would have been connected to it. (Mom might believe him but he & I know otherwise. I went back to my site and got the last item out before locking the truck.

I'm enjoying the ocean view and looking forward to another campfire.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 06:35 PM   #2

Since retiring I try to stay away from campgrounds on weekends. There are always waaaay too many parents that think their “little Johnny” can do no wrong. And there are waaaay too many of those “little Johnnies” at those campgrounds. I love retirement.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 10:33 PM   #3
Always Learning

Please know- if my little Johnny or Johnette does something like that, they're in for an ass-wuppin'. You don't touch someone else's stuff- especially their vehicle.
Old 06-13-2015, 02:07 AM   #4
Site Team

Besides little Johnnies I have to worry about the big Johnnies & friends too. The police just arrived around 11:30pm at the campsite behind mine. Its an end cap with lots of clear open space. A good size group of young people invited themselves to a gathering at the empty site for a huge fire and music. With pellets piled on as fire wood the camp fire spilled over onto the ground as the group enjoyed their drink of choice until they were told to leave the containers there as they depart. One girl had her car not too far from the fire. In short the police gave them a warning and the group was listening or at least for this evening. I was surprised they all left the fire going especially with the size and being outside of the fire pit. The picnic table had been moved closer to the fire pit so I'm trying to keep check to make sure my truck and TT are safe from danger.

Old 06-15-2015, 11:32 AM   #5
Site Team

All packed up and started heading home only to find out that the campground is on locked down due to police activity. I'm just killing time waiting at a stop sign. Hopefully soon they will find the guy that got away after he was handcuffed.

Old 06-15-2015, 12:27 PM   #6
Always Learning

Holy eventful weekend, Terie!
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 01:31 PM   #7
Site Team

Guess it was but well worth it!! Had a wonderful time with friends and then some quiet time on my own.

Old 06-15-2015, 01:34 PM   #8

Man, when you have "one of those trips", you REALLY have "one of those trips." Don't stop for hitchhikers wearing silver bracelets.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote