Old 01-04-2016, 11:25 AM   #121

Cool video !! Probably not do that in an RV. Can't do all 50 states in an RV anyway. Just have to be happy that I've been in 48 in an RV. Have been to Alaska. Will most likely go back but not in the RV ??

But now if some way a grandkids wants to go. I be gone. Lol.

Russell

Old 01-04-2016, 02:42 PM   #122

LOL Russell!

Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 04:08 PM   #123

My bride and I will be on the road "North to Alaska" this summer. Probably leaving Arizona last of May and heading north. Been reading up and planning this trip for a while now.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:56 PM   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackrock View Post
My bride and I will be on the road "North to Alaska" this summer. Probably leaving Arizona last of May and heading north. Been reading up and planning this trip for a while now.
Hey Blackrock,
Are you and the wife going byb yourself's????we are planning to go with Bob and group....just depends on numbers and time
plshilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 10:05 AM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by plshilo View Post
Hey Blackrock,
Are you and the wife going byb yourself's????we are planning to go with Bob and group....just depends on numbers and time
We are going by ourselves as we like to run free and loose on our own schedule. I figure that if I can navigate a big rig cross country I can find my way to Alaska.
I will be following any threads posted by the group and might be able to drop in and say hello somewhere along the way.
Old 01-05-2016, 10:35 AM   #126

Alaska Highlights

We returned home on the Cassiar Highway. It was almost all very good pavement. There were lots of blackbears. Spent a night at Bell II, very nice. We went on three really nice boat rides. The first was out of Seward to the Kenai Fjords National park. There were whales and animals and glaciers. it was wonderful and stopped on Fox Island for a salmon and prime rib dinner.
Another trip was out of Valdez to see maritime glaciers. Also whales, Eagles and lots of sealife.
The last boat ride was from Skagway to Juneau and back. We had a bus tour of Juneau and a glacier tour. We were late getting back, because the captain spent a lot of time watching feeding whales.
There is a jetboat out of Talketna that runs outside of Denali that we wanted to take but couldn't because of health.
We came home through the Canadian Rockys at the end of August and had some snow.
Old 01-12-2016, 10:37 AM   #127

DW and I are going to Alaska this year and on roadside assistance, is it good to have both Coach-net and Good Sam?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 10:49 AM   #128

Roadside Assist

Almost all major service providers use the same responding vendors. No bz would work exclusively for one provider.

You can map out your travels and then comminicate with each provider to determine if they have coverage where you are traveling.

Chances are high they would be identical. AAA, Good Sam, etc, work the same way x the USA. Your response time is related to availability; time of day and distance.

With 50 years of traveling, I have Good Sam for both travel and MEDICAL EVAV TO GET MY RIG HOME. Small investment for such a significant trip!
Old 01-12-2016, 11:53 AM   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwebster View Post
We returned home on the Cassiar Highway. It was almost all very good pavement. There were lots of blackbears. Spent a night at Bell II, very nice. We went on three really nice boat rides. The first was out of Seward to the Kenai Fjords National park. There were whales and animals and glaciers. it was wonderful and stopped on Fox Island for a salmon and prime rib dinner.
Another trip was out of Valdez to see maritime glaciers. Also whales, Eagles and lots of sealife.
The last boat ride was from Skagway to Juneau and back. We had a bus tour of Juneau and a glacier tour. We were late getting back, because the captain spent a lot of time watching feeding whales.
There is a jetboat out of Talketna that runs outside of Denali that we wanted to take but couldn't because of health.
We came home through the Canadian Rockys at the end of August and had some snow.
Thanks SO much for your travel info. Good to hear the Cassiar Highway is in good shape (that was one of my worries). How did you guys go up to Alaska (AlCan?)
Old 01-12-2016, 11:57 AM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
DW and I are going to Alaska this year and on roadside assistance, is it good to have both Coach-net and Good Sam?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
All the research I have suggests that Coach-Net should cover you. Our Coach Net Agent has told us that Coach-Net has service centers/repairmen throughout Canada & Alaska.

Here is the contact info of our agent. She is very familiar with our FROG to Alaska plans. (Mention my name Bob Williams) and she can pull up the coverage file she is recommending for the trip.

Hope this helps

Garfield Fabricius-Davies|Member Account Advisor |Coach-Net Protect
P: 972.993.8416 | C: 214.549.8524
2820 W. Southlake Blvd, Southlake, TX 76092

Tags
frog