Old 04-19-2016, 04:42 PM   #171

How many of you FROGs planning to travel with this group to Alaska are also attending the Goshen Rally this year. We will be there and it would be nice to meet you.

Old 04-19-2016, 04:45 PM   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by toylover View Post
How many of you FROGs planning to travel with this group to Alaska are also attending the Goshen Rally this year. We will be there and it would be nice to meet you.
We will be going to the 2018 trip, if that is what you mean.

2016 Silverado Dually
2016 Cedar Creek Champagne 38el
Total Bliss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 04:57 PM   #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Bliss View Post
We will be going to the 2018 trip, if that is what you mean.
I realize you are planning to go with the group to Alaska in 2018. I just wanted to know if you were going to the Rally in Goshen this August.
Old 04-19-2016, 04:59 PM   #174

Quote:
What I meant was are you also going to be at the Goshen Rally this year?
Yes we will.

2016 Silverado Dually
2016 Cedar Creek Champagne 38el
Total Bliss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 06:33 PM   #175
RetiredRVer

Quote:
We are going to be at Goshen. God willing and the creeks don't rise! We would love to meet as many Alaska folks as possible as well.
We are; Joe & Sandy Koenig.....Mentor, Ohio
2014 Heritage Glen TT 282RK
2015 Chevy 2500 HD Crew Cab "gasser"
Old 04-20-2016, 06:54 AM   #176

As we get closer to Goshen, I would like to get a head count on how many are attending Goshen and plan on Caravanning to Alaska in 2018. If you have not sent me a Alaska caravan info sheet, or taken the online survey, please PM me.
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 10:33 AM   #177
Land of the Midnightsun

I lived in Alaska most my life and that Alcan is such a hard trip on any equipment. Last yr it was in the worst shape of its existence. Plan your trip extremely careful. Carry a milepost always. Most of us that live there ship our rv and equipment in and out of AK . If you wanna fish? I recommend a guide or you probably won't find the fish. Most camp sites will be full, call ahead plan plan plan. Don't let your little dogs off the leash or they become eagle bait. Can't express enough to keep your wits when walking out in the bush, a bear can out run a horse for first 40yards and they are everywhere. If you do fish on your own I suggest calling fish and game everyday to check regs on where your fishing it changes all the time depending on fish runs. Nothing worse than having fish and game guy tap you on shoulder asking you what your doing? Other than that? Have a blast!!!
Elite Ready Brutte tow bar & Blue Ox base plate
Never mistake Knowledge for Wisdom. One helps you make a living the other help you make a LIFE.
jjSpeedwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 04:16 PM   #178
RetiredRVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjSpeedwagon View Post
I lived in Alaska most my life and that Alcan is such a hard trip on any equipment. Last yr it was in the worst shape of its existence. Plan your trip extremely careful. Carry a milepost always. Most of us that live there ship our rv and equipment in and out of AK . If you wanna fish? I recommend a guide or you probably won't find the fish. Most camp sites will be full, call ahead plan plan plan. Don't let your little dogs off the leash or they become eagle bait. Can't express enough to keep your wits when walking out in the bush, a bear can out run a horse for first 40yards and they are everywhere. If you do fish on your own I suggest calling fish and game everyday to check regs on where your fishing it changes all the time depending on fish runs. Nothing worse than having fish and game guy tap you on shoulder asking you what your doing? Other than that? Have a blast!!!
Just a brief observation about your comment for the Alcan highway....From what I have read, and blogs regarding the Alcan, plus folks I have talked to that have traveled the highway, I think you may have over stated the current condition of the road. Since the original highway was gravel and dirt, I hardly think it could be in worse condition then the original road. (Isn't it all paved now?) Maybe you could be a little clearer describing what the road is really like, and what we can expect during our travels on the Alcan. Thanks!
Old 04-26-2016, 04:30 PM   #179
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Those that I have talked to, that have done this, wouldn't do it again, unless it was a rented unit and had plenty of insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2015 - 41
2016 - 81
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 08:57 PM   #180

It can't be as bad when drove it in 72, it was 1100 miles of gravel road. I'm going to have fun

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frog