Old 09-08-2016, 04:47 AM   #271

Wow, really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
I see. Think there are much better ways of handling it, but it's your baby. Hope all goes well on the trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
As someone who has paid their deposit and the $10 administrative fee, I would have gladly paid a good deal more.

The folks that have put this together have been exceptionally transparent and have gone out of their way to be accommodating. The preliminary work that has already been done and the amount that remains is worthy of praise and certainly some compensation - although none has been requested. I can only imagine what it will take to herd 22 of us "cats", especially RV novices like me and my spouse.

I can only assume that you are not attending and that's probably a good thing. You sound like someone who would argue about who ate more of the cheese dip at dinner and paying the bill would turn into a fight.

Old 09-08-2016, 05:50 AM   #272
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
Brian,

Yes we are no longer a "FROG" caravan. so SOBs are welcome!

As of today, we have 5 slots left before we start putting folks on the stand-by list.
If you are no longer a FROG Caravan, maybe you should start a new thread so it is not confusing to idiots like myself, just sayin!!

Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93 nights, 2017 11 Camped 66 Nights Reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 06:31 AM   #273
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatanaPilot View Post
As someone who has paid their deposit and the $10 administrative fee, I would have gladly paid a good deal more.

The folks that have put this together have been exceptionally transparent and have gone out of their way to be accommodating. The preliminary work that has already been done and the amount that remains is worthy of praise and certainly some compensation - although none has been requested. I can only imagine what it will take to herd 22 of us "cats", especially RV novices like me and my spouse.

I can only assume that you are not attending and that's probably a good thing. You sound like someone who would argue about who ate more of the cheese dip at dinner and paying the bill would turn into a fight.
Goes to show how very little you know. I asked a simple question about a fee, that "could" have ramifications down the line. Also, I surely wouldn't do business with a bank that charged $5 for each transaction. As for your personal dig on me, again you know very little and there are plenty of forum members on here who can disprove your accusations. Maybe next time you won't be so quick to judge and you can leave the thinking to those of us who are not "Novices", as you describe yourself. As I said before, I hope you have a great trip and look forward to reading about it
Old 09-08-2016, 07:21 AM   #274

Quote:

I had the chance to go as I was one of the first to look at it but listening to you makes me glad I didn't go. I thought long and hard about the trip and I'm planning on going to Alaska next year and maybe in 18. I thought about 44 people that I would be with for that long and I said to myself, what if we don't get along so great, that's a long time to be with someone you don't like to be with.

spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 02:11 PM   #275

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
I see. Think there are much better ways of handling it, but it's your baby. Hope all goes well on the trip.

Groups and businesses can be charged differently by banks and credit unions depending on the state you live in. There are a lot of banks and credit unions that charge this way instead of monthly fees. In the long run, this is actually the cheaper way to go. We have all discussed this privately.

As a small business owner who uses a credit union and is not a sole proprietorship, I can tell you it's not remotely like a personal account. They all have very different rules and fee structures. All business or group accounts have a per check transaction fee and most charge this in addition to their monthly fees.

The only way around this is to become a 503c non profit, which is not remotely feasible.

If you went to Alaska with a commercial group, you would be charged a significantly higher cancellation fee for a late March cancellation.

I look at your comment and wonder exactly why you needed to state it that way.

I feel I must ask, how would YOU do it? Would you charge each rig a portion of the monthly fee? How would you bill it? That would be a bill of pennies per month. Would you just absorb the fees personally? Since the account is fluid, and we don't know exactly how long it will be needed (different sites have different policies as to how early/late payments can be made), we can only estimate how long the account will be open so we cannot charge the fees in advance.

Since you say "there are much better ways" I'm curious what you believe they are?
TheMusikShoppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 02:16 PM   #276
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYE View Post
If you are no longer a FROG Caravan, maybe you should start a new thread so it is not confusing to idiots like myself, just sayin!!
Easily fixed.
Title edited.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 02:28 PM   #277

Spock123, if you can't find one or two couples out of 22 that you can get along with, well, I'm just not sure what to say about that.

Have you gone to any rally's? I have, and I have never had any issues with any of the other people.

If the first thing you said to yourself is "what if we don't get along", you're missing the point of the trip. Adventures are just that, adventures. They are wonderful, terrible and everything in between. I would never miss the chance to make a lifetime friend for fear of "not getting along so great" with someone else.
TheMusikShoppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 03:46 PM   #278
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

As a small corporation owner, I can tell you that I'm not charged a per transaction fee, or a monthly maintenance fee. Also, as soccer club treasurer, we are not charged fees, and we earn interest. That was the point I was making, nothing more nothing less. Honestly, the post sounded like you were charging $50 to be put on a waiting list and if you weren't able to go you got your money back -$10. Didn't know this was for those who were going also. I'm done here, hope y'all have fun

Old 09-08-2016, 03:56 PM   #279
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Caravan to Alaska in 2018

How does the "group" credit card work?
And how's it being used??????
Old 09-08-2016, 04:40 PM   #280

My bad

Quote:

Those of us on the "main" list did not pay the administrative fee - we put down a $1500 deposit. So my apologies for misleading anyone on that.

I still can't understand how people who aren't going on this trip would have an issue that those of us who are don't seem to be bothered by. I trust the people that are taking the lead on this and appreciate all of the efforts they are making for the rest of us.

Tags
frog