Old 09-08-2016, 06:13 PM   #281
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

A deposit into an account of $33,000 and you're paying fees on the account? My questions were merely for those who may want to be put on a waiting list.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2015 - 41
2016 - 81
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 06:29 PM   #282

Once again, fees depend on the state. Corporations and 503Cs (which a sport club is under the parent organization such as USA Soccer etc.) Aren't charged those fees. Small businesses are (35 years and two locations for us). The expense and reviews/annual meetings of a Corp or non profit would just be silly for a small one time group.

I would still like to know exactly how YOU would do it?

TheMusikShoppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 06:34 PM   #283

Also, anyone who drops out will lose $10, not just wait listers.
TheMusikShoppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 06:39 PM   #284

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
Curious, why the $10 "administrative fee" for a deposit that may never get used? It's not like you're really doing anything other than making a list.

Tim,

Actually there is a lot more involved if you get on the standby list. You have to be ready to go, so there will be a Hold Harmless Agreement that needs to be signed, Notarized and mailed to us. There are postage expenses and even the standby members will be getting several pieces of Caravan Swag that will be mailed to them as a consolation of being on the list and not being able to go. As a further consolation, we will be putting together a travel DVD of the trip and all the standby rigs will be getting this as well.

Hope this explains the Administrative Fee.
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 06:46 PM   #285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
Easily fixed.
Title edited.
Thank you SO much Lou!

(I was gonna ask y'all to do that anyway )
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 06:47 PM   #286
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Ok, here goes. I wouldn't charge $1500 deposit! I would call and talk with each campground/stop and block out 22 sites. (Same thing we do when we do a rally. ) Give each individual a timeline to make their own reservations. If they don't, then they're out. Way too many scenarios of things going wrong with one person making deposits for a group of individuals. What if someone drops out along the way and wants their money back for the rest of the trip? What is done with the interest earned? Who is claiming it on their taxes? If you all are comfortable with that, great. My original question was still about the waiting list. Charging $50 deposit and a $10 fee I think is ridiculous. You have a list, you go down the list, you pay a deposit at that point if that's the way you want to do it.

2015 - 41
2016 - 81
Old 09-08-2016, 06:56 PM   #287

My oh my this needs to go out of the forums as it seems to be getting ugly.
Old 09-08-2016, 07:15 PM   #288
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Bob, I'm sure you've covered all your bases. I'm not attacking individuals. I questioned a fee and was told it was a transaction fee charged by the bank. I wasn't buying it. You know the person I am and when my character is attacked, as done by one poster, I take offense. I tend to see risks involved before anything else. I hope all goes well.

2015 - 41
2016 - 81
Old 09-09-2016, 08:48 AM   #289

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMusikShoppe View Post
Spock123, if you can't find one or two couples out of 22 that you can get along with, well, I'm just not sure what to say about that.

Have you gone to any rally's? I have, and I have never had any issues with any of the other people.

If the first thing you said to yourself is "what if we don't get along", you're missing the point of the trip. Adventures are just that, adventures. They are wonderful, terrible and everything in between. I would never miss the chance to make a lifetime friend for fear of "not getting along so great" with someone else.

DW and I meet a lot of the nicest people while camping and we like to talk to our neighbors in the campground but life long friends, no. I'm sure out of 44 people on the Alaska trip that we would get along with most but there would be a few that we would not get along with. I'm sure that not all would get along with us. We have never been to a rally and really don't want to attend one. We camp to see different places not to meet lifelong friends. We like people and we have never met a stranger but the lifelong friends are at home. I don't get along with everyone, some people just rub me the wrong way. I'm glad you get along with everyone.

spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 12:00 PM   #290

Some advice to those going from someone who has been there and done that.

This will be one unbelieveable, unforgettable trip. It take a huge amount of time and work to put something like this together. Mistakes in the planning and execution will probably be made. BamaBob is only human. But, that is part of the adventure--working together and overcoming problems. Lifelong friendships will be formed from this adventure.

This adventure will also be tiring and long. I do mean at times you will become weary. I had to learn patience and to roll with the punches. You will see all kinds of wildlife, snowcapped mountains, beautiful flowers, remote empyiness, rain, and road construction. Just slow down, smile, and roll roll roll.

I am not a part of this caravan, but I have followed it online since it started. Wish all a safe and happy trip.

Tags
frog