Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2014, 03:23 PM   #1

Cheaha St Pk Delta, Alabama

Spent 3 days and 2 nights at Cheaha State Park in Delta, Alabama. Cheaha is located east of Birmingham. It is the highest point in the state and I have not doubt about it after pulling our Coachman 29SE up the mountain with our Ram 1500. The park has full hookups, two campgrounds, lodge, cabins, motel, restaurant and store. The office assigns campsites based on type of rig, but they were able to put us and our camping buddies in sites across from each other. The view, to say the least, was breathtaking!!! The trees had started to turn a little, but I imagine within the next few weeks it will be even prettier. The park is inside the Talladega national forest. Take everything you need since the nearest big box store is 22 miles away. We had a great time. There are several waterfalls and approximately 31 miles of trails, ranging from 1/4 mile to 31 miles. Of course it was very woodsy, but thin enough you could just take off walking and kind of make your own trails. They have spaces for big motorhomes all the way down to tent sites. I highly recommend this campground if you are planning to travel to this area.
cairopd1069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 07:15 PM   #2

We stayed last year had a great time in the lower campground near the lake and playground, some sites had some poorly planned see hookups, they were too high up, sewage doesn't flow up hill. Leaving we needed to park at another site to empty. It wasn't so bad I was able to partially empty the gray, they park people said they were looking in to fixing them, maybe they have? We had a great time. There was a lot of up and down getting there.
toyota family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 08:31 PM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

The DW and I spent two nights there in June of this year. My Dad lives nearby and we were visiting him. Had my sister and her husband and kids up for a day to cook out and play some corn hole. A nice time was had by all. As the OP said, it is the highest point in Alabama and the views are fantastic. We had a great time visiting with family and it was nice to have them all come up for some family time. Great park and worth the trip.
2016-(32) 2017-(13) 2018-(20) 2019-0
BombDoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alabama