Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 10:03 AM   #141

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Please don't bring your handguns to Canada. They are not allowed and quite frankly no need for hand guns here. As a world traveller I have been on 6 continents and never felt the need to have a gun even when I travel in the US. Be aware of your surroundings and don't place yourself in harms way. I have been in wildlife areas with bears and mountain lions in the Rockies and never had any issues with no trace camping.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
Old 08-01-2016, 10:22 AM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
Please don't bring your handguns to Canada. They are not allowed and quite frankly no need for hand guns here. As a world traveller I have been on 6 continents and never felt the need to have a gun even when I travel in the US. Be aware of your surroundings and don't place yourself in harms way. I have been in wildlife areas with bears and mountain lions in the Rockies and never had any issues with no trace camping.
I respect your opinion, it just happens to differ from mine. So all we can do is agree to disagree and go on down the road.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
Old 08-01-2016, 10:25 AM   #143
Frog-Toberfest Organizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveandSue View Post
I wasn't going to post,but I changed my mind.I too have CCW from here in Kansas.I carry concealed most every day.When we take a trip I'm taking my two guns with me.If I'm legal to carry I do.If not it stays in a lock box in the 5er.Depends on the state we are traveling through at the time.It is my choice and when legal I will carry,but when I can't I'll still have it in the camper the way they want it.
X2
I am from Iowa and new to CCW so I check each State I will be traveling to. I also do the same with motorcycle helmet laws. I try to avoid States that do not accept Iowa CCW. What's the point of carrying if I have to lock it up, unload, separate the magazine and ammo while traveling? The intent is personal protection. I will not stop and help people if I can not carry because you just never know what will happen. Do the "bad guys" follow these same rules? How about if I ask them to wait while I get all the pieces/unlock my piece while they wait for me... I've never needed to draw my weapon but what happens that ONE time you might need it and don't/can't get to it? Not trying to argue just stating my reason. Each person is entitled to their decision.
Andersen Ultimate Aluminum fifth wheel hitch V2
Days camped '16=43, '17=47, '18=57 '19=47 '20=47 '21=64 '22=62 '23=72 '24=0
Old 08-01-2016, 10:28 AM   #144

I will miss seeing Canada again.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
Old 08-01-2016, 11:00 AM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
I will miss seeing Canada again.

We stopped visiting Canada long ago due to their anti-handgun regs. We camped there at least 3 weeks a year. Every year we spent a week in Toronto for the theater additionally. We do not miss it as we have found many additional places in the US that offer the same and more, many much closer to home.
Old 08-01-2016, 11:38 AM   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
We stopped visiting Canada long ago due to their anti-handgun regs. We camped there at least 3 weeks a year. Every year we spent a week in Toronto for the theater additionally. We do not miss it as we have found many additional places in the US that offer the same and more, many much closer to home.

I need to visit Canada more, no guns. Americans would be better off without them and let the police just have one bullet in there gun

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 08-01-2016, 11:44 AM   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I need to visit Canada more, no guns. Americans would be better off without them and let the police just have one bullet in there gun

Hi ya Spock! Ouch!!! You know you set yourself up for the response of 'so move there' !! 😁. Have a good day and hope you don't need police assistance anytime soon
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
Old 08-01-2016, 11:46 AM   #148
Camp Bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShermanD View Post
Handgunlaw.us

Steer clear of New York
Beware of Maryland
Maryland has cameras at the entrances to their state along the interstate highways. these cameras look for out of state plates. Once an out of state plate is detected, the owners name is found and then checked with the National gun registry. If your name is on the list, the local police are notified. Should you stop in their state for any reason and a police officer happens to see your vehicle, you will immediately be stopped and if carrying, arrested for gun possession.
Maryland has the strictest gun laws in the nation, New York is second, and Massachusetts is third. Several other northeast states are also anti-gun.
I was born and raised in Maryland, I currently live in York, PA and work in Baltimore. I can assure you, there are no cameras that take pictures of your plates, nor are there warning signs at the state entrances telling you that your photo is being taken and the police are on their way. You are correct in your statement about MD pretty much hating guns, but then again, what liberal state doesn't? I have a lot of neighbors who actually own guns who live by me and enter the state of MD every day and they are not stopped.

2015-2018: 20 Trips, 61 Nights Camped
2018: 5 Trips, 15 Nights Camped
2019: 2 Trips, 10 nights so far......
Old 08-01-2016, 01:30 PM   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post

Thank you! I really got a great chuckle. You can move to Canada. They welcomed draft dodgers in the 60s. It was a nice place to visit and can be if you feel putting the safety of you and yours all in the hands of the police that may be far away when you need one.
Old 08-01-2016, 02:01 PM   #150
Site Team

OK, this thread had been allowed a lot of leeway as long as useful information pertinent to traveling/camping with guns was being posted..... but it's time to put it to bed as it's straying into things now that will cause the hardest of feelings in our friendly community.

For the sake of forum harmony, this thread is closed. Let's spend our energies on helping others now with other RV/camping related things.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Closed Thread