Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 11:40 PM   #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Slider View Post
This was all over the news. They separated the husband and wife. Husband stated his firearm was home in his safe. Wife said she didn't know where his firearm was. With conflicting stories they searched their vehicle. You can read the stories I found on a quick search of Google about it.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...alysis-center/

Jackson: Gun owner unarmed, unwelcome in Maryland | TBO.com

Maryland Police Detain Concealed Carry Permit Holder Over An Hour During Search For Legal Gun

That sucks, but means nothing. The cop screwed up and violated his rights. Every proffesion has its 10%. I'm not holding all of MD police to this one officers mistakes.

He received a written warning, so he won't need a criminal lawyer, but might want a civil one instead.

Show me a conviction. Not an incident where the police department apologizes for its officers actions.
Old 07-27-2016, 06:04 AM   #122
Who Dares, Wins

While I wish it would not happen, it is a dream.. Like you said, they crossed the line and if criminal charges or sanctions were not warranted then that's what the civil courts are for.

Around here probably 75% of the good people are armed, probably more in the even more rural parts of the US. Millions of Police contacts with the public (numerous I am sure being lawfully armed) with little issue (three cited above, which I did not actually read when they occured).

While there does seem to sometimes be a pattern as to where they occur... I go to my favorite quote about how not to get arrested or "harassed" as some would say by the police... Don't go to stupid places with stupid people and do stupid things.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 07-27-2016, 06:14 AM   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobinson0857 View Post
why do you need to pack a gun or rifel if you are camping or just relaxing, campgrounds are friendley.
Yep and movie theaters are friendly and coffee shops are friendly and fire works displays are friendly and dance clubs are friendly... It's getting to be a crazy world. Who knows what can happen and where it can happen at any time.
2016 Ford F350 XLT 6.7 Powerstroke DRW 4X4
2016 Brookstone 395RL
Old 07-27-2016, 07:00 AM   #124

Glad I started this thread. I didn't think there would be this much response but it's great and obviously on the minds of others. I've decided that on my cross country trip and back the gun will stay at home. Just not worth what might happen if stopped and checked. Thanks for all the great replies, good stuff folks.
Old 07-27-2016, 07:23 AM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJLOAD View Post
Glad I started this thread. I didn't think there would be this much response but it's great and obviously on the minds of others. I've decided that on my cross country trip and back the gun will stay at home. Just not worth what might happen if stopped and checked. Thanks for all the great replies, good stuff folks.
The real thanks should go to the moderators for letting the thread continue. There were times I thought it be shutdown and maybe some deleted posts and there might have been, unsure. Hats off to the moderators. I think everyone learned something even if it was not useful😉

2016 Ford F250 XLT 4X4 6.2L
2015 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329SS
Hensley Arrow
Old 07-27-2016, 07:29 AM   #126
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhduh camping View Post
The real thanks should go to the moderators for letting the thread continue. There were times I thought it be shutdown and maybe some deleted posts and there might have been, unsure. Hats off to the moderators. I think everyone learned something even if it was not useful😉
X2!

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
Old 07-27-2016, 08:03 AM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhduh camping View Post
X2

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Old 07-27-2016, 09:59 AM   #128
Site Team

Original purchaser can be determined. I gave away many guns as prizes in police pistol competitions. Once one was recovered at a crime scene in Florida. Law enforcement traced it to me and I contacted the recipient. It had been stolen in an auto burglary in news Orleans a few years earlier. I'm in Louisiana.

Old 07-27-2016, 10:14 AM   #129

I have a firearm for the same reason I have car insurance, life insurance, rv insurance and a smoke alarm, a propane gas alarm, and fire extinguisher, tire pressure monitor system. Life is filled with uncertainty ! Indeed props to the moderators, sometimes you learn more from the controversial threads as long as adults are civil !
Old 07-27-2016, 11:42 AM   #130

NJLOAD, Based on everything that has been posted, you came to a decision to not carry on this trip. That's a wise move . . . not to carry or to carry, but to look at all sides of the argument and come up with a plan that you are comfortable with. Being from Texas, I have a residence CCW as well as one from Utah. That gives me a right to carry in most states. But when I do the east coast trip in March to see grandkids, I left the gun home. When I did the Idaho/Montana/Wyoming trip in June, I had the gun with me. There have been other trips to the east coast where I carried, but chose to not visit New Jersey or Maryland. Pennsylvania is a gun friendly state . . . but Philadelphia, where some of the grandkids are . . . keeps trying to pass laws to limit my choices. That's the joy of our freedom. Go where you want to. . . just be aware of everything around you . . . including local laws. Happy camping ! !
Old 07-27-2016, 12:33 PM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
We use ncic to check stolen. I do not think (as far as I know) it shows ownership(at least that I've been able to get) .
As far as I know this is all our TCIC/NCIC is for as well. Never heard of the a national gun registry on regular weapons.
2016 Ford F350 XLT 6.7 Powerstroke DRW 4X4
2016 Brookstone 395RL
Old 07-27-2016, 05:01 PM   #132

I wasn't going to post,but I changed my mind.I too have CCW from here in Kansas.I carry concealed most every day.When we take a trip I'm taking my two guns with me.If I'm legal to carry I do.If not it stays in a lock box in the 5er.Depends on the state we are traveling through at the time.It is my choice and when legal I will carry,but when I can't I'll still have it in the camper the way they want it.

2011 Ram Mega Cab 3500 Larimie dually
2016 Chaparral 370FL
Old 07-27-2016, 05:05 PM   #133

In order to be classified as extension of your house, mh must be parked and 🔑 OUT of ignition.
Old 07-27-2016, 05:11 PM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselguy View Post
Of course I live out west where according to some we still fight Indians and form posses, but I always leave home with my CC permit and my two best friends Mr Smith and Mr Wesson for that rare moment. Many of my RV acquaintenances do the same and have for years and years. To my current knowlege, none of us have encountered a problem with our practice although none of us walk around with twin bandoleers on.
Isn't a bandoleer a bunch of old guys standing or sitting around a beach during spring break.
Old 07-27-2016, 09:19 PM   #135
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by efgsr47 View Post
In order to be classified as extension of your house, mh must be parked and 🔑 OUT of ignition.
I have to give a thumbs up to having / using a key gif... [emoji6]

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
Old 07-28-2016, 05:02 PM   #136

Some of you have mentioned that when parked, key out of the ignition . . . then it's your home. That is true, but some of the more liberal states do not recognize castle laws so you are still breaking "their" law. The key is to read up on each state you are traveling too or through . . . and laws do change rapidly ! !
Old 07-28-2016, 07:11 PM   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Slider View Post
This was all over the news. They separated the husband and wife. Husband stated his firearm was home in his safe. Wife said she didn't know where his firearm was. With conflicting stories they searched their vehicle. You can read the stories I found on a quick search of Google about it.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...alysis-center/

Jackson: Gun owner unarmed, unwelcome in Maryland | TBO.com

Maryland Police Detain Concealed Carry Permit Holder Over An Hour During Search For Legal Gun
\
The best thing about this is the good advertisement Maryland is getting . they will never see any of my dollars for staying or even traveling through their state .
Old 07-28-2016, 08:37 PM   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar1960 View Post
\
The best thing about this is the good advertisement Maryland is getting . they will never see any of my dollars for staying or even traveling through their state .
Agree,,, I'll not even drive through MD ~~ same with NY, NJ ~~~ there are so many great states to visit
Old 07-29-2016, 10:43 AM   #139

I'd love to go to Vermont, but I can't there from here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-01-2016, 09:51 AM   #140
Retired

There is NO reciprocity in Mass. I learned that when we moved from Maine to MA. X2 to checking with each state you plan to travel through.
Closed Thread