Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2017, 08:28 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
There are NO FHU at CCSP! Shower house this time of year depends if they have "Started to Clean"! Youroo!!

Hmm. That's likely out for this trip, but eventually we'll have to check it out.

Anyone experienced Frontier Campground in Waynesville Ohio?
www.frontiercamping.com

Might be a decent option.
mt_creative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 05:30 AM   #42
MCTroy

I tried to get reservations at Frontier and it took then over a week to return an email. By then I had other reservations. I have their phone number if you need it. We are going to wilmington RV Park, outside Wilmington this weekend. This is part of Thousand Trails camping club but they have weekend sites available. Some are full hook up and they have shower houses and other amenities. I can let you know how it goes this weekend.
We were under impressed by Caesar creek park. Our loop did not have showers and the campground was noisy that weekend.
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 08:22 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCTroy View Post
I tried to get reservations at Frontier and it took then over a week to return an email. By then I had other reservations. I have their phone number if you need it. We are going to wilmington RV Park, outside Wilmington this weekend. This is part of Thousand Trails camping club but they have weekend sites available. Some are full hook up and they have shower houses and other amenities. I can let you know how it goes this weekend.
We were under impressed by Caesar creek park. Our loop did not have showers and the campground was noisy that weekend.

That would be great. I'm pretty sure the Colerain dealership gave us free camping at those facilities for a year.

It only adds an extra 10 minutes to the drive so that wouldn't be terrible... keep me posted if it is worth visiting.

Thanks!
Old 04-27-2017, 02:02 PM   #44

OH!

It's really neat to see all of the folks from/in the valley. We also call the area 'home'. I see a lot of great info on the area already but, I'll toss in things I enjoyed in the area.
First, the Air Force Museum is the best air museum I have been to excepting the Smithsonian.
The Oregon district is fun if you want to party and don't mind hanging out with the college set.
I enjoyed Ceasars Creek when I was school-aged but felt it kind of went down hill in the 90's. It may have changed since then.
The main drag in Waynesville (a hop over 42) is fun if you enjoy antiques.
Out Yellow Springs way is John Brian State Park and Clifton Gorge. Both great park with lots of hiking trails and John Brian even has a dedicated mountain biking trail.
While out there go to Youngs Dairy Farm for food, ice cream, and of course cows. If you have kids they have a ton of stuff for them to do.
Yellow Springs is a fun hippie town with lots to eat and see. You can rent bikes or skates if you don;t have any at the caboose. The bike trail goes forever in both directions (you can get back to Waynestown on it).
Beavercreek has lots of shopping but best is the Greene someone already mentioned. Great pubs and upscale shopping.
A stay is not complete without Pizza from LaRosa's or Marions.
If you like baseball, the Dayton Dragon's facility is unbeatable in Class A minor leagues. Stop by Riverscape while you are down there. It's nice as long as there is no event going on.
There are many more things to do there as well as south down I-71 in Kings Mill and Cincinnati.
- Adam
Old 05-01-2017, 05:28 AM   #45
MCTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_creative View Post
Do you have any recommendations based on your visit? I'm curious how the facilities were or if there was a specific spot that you liked. I'm currently looking for a quick and easy maiden voyage around the Dayton, Ohio area.

Our available weekend, my wife has to work one morning so we'd prefer either full hookups or a decent bath house so she can easily get herself ready and out the door.

TIA - cheers!
Wilmington RV Park is a great campground and most sites are full hook up. Others are water and eletric only. Their restrooms and showers were spotless when we stayed there this weekend-even with severe storms which meant more mud. Location is really easy to find and only about 40 minutes from Beavercreek. It is a short drive to Waynesville and their cute variey shops. A must is the Stone House Tavern. Omg great food, service and beverages! The staff at the RV Park was very friendly and we were able to delay our departure an hour. There is plenty to do at the campground too. Book early as they have limited non member sites. We will definitely go back!
Old 05-01-2017, 06:18 AM   #46

The Dayton KOA IS pricey, as they are all getting to be. It IS very nice though, one of the best we've stayed at. We've used it as a homebound overnight from our westerly trips for several years.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:59 AM   #47

Quote:
Wilmington RV Park is a great campground and most sites are full hook up. Others are water and eletric only. Their restrooms and showers were spotless when we stayed there this weekend-even with severe storms which meant more mud. Location is really easy to find and only about 40 minutes from Beavercreek. It is a short drive to Waynesville and their cute variey shops. A must is the Stone House Tavern. Omg great food, service and beverages! The staff at the RV Park was very friendly and we were able to delay our departure an hour. There is plenty to do at the campground too. Book early as they have limited non member sites. We will definitely go back!

We booked a weekend at Wilmington. They told me the non-member spots were first come, so I'm hoping I don't get stuck by a dumpster or something unexpected.

I'm going to be setting up on my own so I can get a jump start so I'm sure that will be a bit crazy. My wife has to take my son to baseball practice [emoji15] but we don't want to wait and try to setup at night our first time out!

Was there a specific spot you'd shoot for after having been there?

TIA
Old 05-03-2017, 12:26 PM   #48
MCTroy

Quote:
We booked a weekend at Wilmington. They told me the non-member spots were first come, so I'm hoping I don't get stuck by a dumpster or something unexpected.

I'm going to be setting up on my own so I can get a jump start so I'm sure that will be a bit crazy. My wife has to take my son to baseball practice [emoji15] but we don't want to wait and try to setup at night our first time out!

Was there a specific spot you'd shoot for after having been there?

TIA
We were on site 44 and it was fine. Nice and level. 38 and 42 are good too. 28 had a lot of space but no sewer I think. Just don't try the two pull throughs. Very tight and no room. These were meant for overnight only by the looks of them.
Have fun!
Old 05-15-2017, 10:22 PM   #49

Quote:
We were on site 44 and it was fine. Nice and level. 38 and 42 are good too. 28 had a lot of space but no sewer I think. Just don't try the two pull throughs. Very tight and no room. These were meant for overnight only by the looks of them.

Have fun!

It was a great place to start. We needed up getting a great spot which was actually listed as unavailable but while we were driving around looking we spotted it and got the okay from the front office to make it our weekend home. Lots of trees and quiet retreat with an easy drive from Dayton. Thanks for the heads up. My wife enjoyed it. Especially after I told her about the bathhouse lights being on a timer vs being burned out LOL.

Cheers to many more adventures. This place had a fun little mini golf which certainly wasn't all the fancy or well kept, but it was free entertainment while we were there along with arts and crafts on Saturday for Mothers Day. All the staff was great to us and we had lots of folks asking how our visit was going. Seemed like a lot of retirees but our kids had a blast just hanging around the site playing random games and relaxing in nature. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9618.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	483.4 KB
ID:	138055
Old 05-15-2017, 10:48 PM   #50
MCTroy

Awesome! Glad you had a good visit.
Old 05-16-2017, 07:52 AM   #51

Quote:
Hmm. That's likely out for this trip, but eventually we'll have to check it out.

Anyone experienced Frontier Campground in Waynesville Ohio?
Frontier Campground - RV Park, Camp Sites, Tent Camping and Cabin Rentals

Might be a decent option.
When I go to the Waynesville area, I always stay at the Breeze River Resort. Give him a call you can't beat it...

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 08:02 AM   #52
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
When I go to the Waynesville area, I always stay at the Breeze River Resort. Give him a call you can't beat it...
I'm gonna have to give this place a try. Although a certain "son" may not allow it after the butt whoopin he received in the cornhole tourney at the Tadpole Rally
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 04:01 PM   #53
MCTroy

Quote:
I heard are some friendly frogs there.
Old 05-16-2017, 04:40 PM   #54

Quote:
WD the name has changed to "Breezer's Creek" and is under "New Management"! Youroo!!
Old 05-16-2017, 04:51 PM   #55
MCTroy

Quote:
I heard are some friendly frogs there.

Tags
camping, ohio