Old 01-10-2017, 12:48 PM   #1
cogito ergo moo

Dayton Ohio camping info

Looks like some time in the not-too-distant future me and a couple of buddies will be making a pilgrimage to the Air Force Museum at Wright-Patterson AFB and I am wondering if anyone has any recommendations on a good place to camp.

I see 3 places, a KOA (Pricey as hell, but close), John Bryan State park about 15 miles away and a private campground called Enon Beach.

Anyone have any suggestions of those 3 or any other place?

Thanks!

Tim

Nights Reserved 147121212125 ..........My Project Blog: https://cowracer.blogspot.com/

Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 01:16 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowracer View Post
Looks like some time in the not-too-distant future me and a couple of buddies will be making a pilgrimage to the Air Force Museum at Wright-Patterson AFB and I am wondering if anyone has any recommendations on a good place to camp.

I see 3 places, a KOA (Pricey as hell, but close), John Bryan State park about 15 miles away and a private campground called Enon Beach.

Anyone have any suggestions of those 3 or any other place?

Thanks!
Tim
Cowracer,don't use any of the ones you have listed! Correct on KOA $$,Enon Beach that would be a NO also,John Bryan would be a NO also! If any of you are Military WPAFB has a Nice Fam-Camp! The nearest Nice State Park is Buck Creek near Springfield! I gave Capt Mike the same Info! Youroo!!

Old 01-10-2017, 01:45 PM   #3

John Bryan OSP has only 6 elec. sites , but is a very fine state park, not close to the museum . Enon Beach is a dump where a deputy was shot dead a couple of years. The Dayton KOA is just off I 70 which might be the closet cg to the air force museum. The museum is awesome .
Old 01-10-2017, 03:43 PM   #4

I would suggest Caesar Creek State Park campground, about 30 mi from the AF Museum. However they have limited services during the Winter. Best bet during Winter is probably the KOA, although the campsites are close together. The museum is a great place to visit.

2015 Legacy RB, 2013 CRV toad. Retired USAF. Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 01-11-2017, 09:15 AM   #5
cogito ergo moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Cowracer,don't use any of the ones you have listed! Correct on KOA $$,Enon Beach that would be a NO also,John Bryan would be a NO also! If any of you are Military WPAFB has a Nice Fam-Camp! The nearest Nice State Park is Buck Creek near Springfield! I gave Capt Mike the same Info! Youroo!!

I gotta check to see what the requirements are for the Fam-Camp. My son is US Army, but he is not going on this trip. My Brother-in-law was a marine but I don't know if they consider him 'retired' he only did like 8 years.

Buck Creek or Cesar Creek both look viable if Fam-Camp is a no go.

Tim
Nights Reserved 147121212125 ..........My Project Blog: https://cowracer.blogspot.com/

Old 01-11-2017, 10:03 AM   #6

Quote:
I gotta check to see what the requirements are for the Fam-Camp. My son is US Army, but he is not going on this trip. My Brother-in-law was a marine but I don't know if they consider him 'retired' he only did like 8 years.

Buck Creek or Cesar Creek both look viable if Fam-Camp is a no go.

Tim
I carry my "DD 214" in our travel kit,the Rules for Fam-Camp are NOT Consistent across the Board! We have found when the "Commanding General/Base Commander" changes so do the Rules at Times! Buck or Caeser are good choices! Youroo!!
Old 01-11-2017, 10:51 AM   #7
cogito ergo moo

Quote:
I carry my "DD 214" in our travel kit,the Rules for Fam-Camp are NOT Consistent across the Board! We have found when the "Commanding General/Base Commander" changes so do the Rules at Times! Buck or Caeser are good choices! Youroo!!
We're booked at Caesar for 4/14-4/15. Anyone wanna come along?

Tim

Old 01-11-2017, 11:13 AM   #8

Quote:
We're booked at Caesar for 4/14-4/15. Anyone wanna come along?

Tim
Come across the Lake and I will give you FREE Firewood are you going to bring your NEW unit? You will be in our Backyard! Youroo!!
Old 01-11-2017, 12:25 PM   #9
cogito ergo moo

Quote:
Come across the Lake and I will give you FREE Firewood are you going to bring your NEW unit? You will be in our Backyard! Youroo!!
I'll take you up on that! Yes, I'm taking the new camper. Maybe as we get closer to the date you can clue me in on good places to eat around there.

Tim

Old 01-11-2017, 12:35 PM   #10

Quote:
I'll take you up on that! Yes, I'm taking the new camper. Maybe as we get closer to the date you can clue me in on good places to eat around there.

Tim
OK I will stack it up beside "Witch Doctors" Private campsite! Youroo!!

Tags
camping, ohio