Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2009, 12:24 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
NWJeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Enumclaw, WA
Posts: 2,617
Fall colors ouside of Brigham City Utah

A few pics from a day spent in the hills above Brigham City Utah on our way to Moab Utah a few years ago. The colors were just spectacular.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BC1.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	217.9 KB
ID:	1984   Click image for larger version

Name:	BC2.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	172.4 KB
ID:	1985   Click image for larger version

Name:	BC3.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	159.6 KB
ID:	1986   Click image for larger version

Name:	BC4.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	1987  
__________________

__________________
"I can fix it, and if I can't fix it, I can fix it so no one can fix it!"
Ed & Wendy
2009 Georgetown 378TS | 1998 Jeep Wrangler | 1998 Skeeter ZX202C
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:30 PM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member
 
cfsoistman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Upperco, Maryland
Posts: 3,135
Sensational shots. The colors are so bold and just plain beautiful. Thanks for sharing your adventures.
__________________

__________________

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:09 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
 
MtnGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Shenandoah Valley
Posts: 9,274
NWJeeper, great fall color photos. Thanks for posting.

BTW, I like the color of your Jeep.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep&SV.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	1990

No, I don't pull my Surveyor with the Jeep.....that was a photo opportunity only.
__________________

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:12 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
NWJeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Enumclaw, WA
Posts: 2,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
No, I don't pull my Surveyor with the Jeep.....that was a photo opportunity only.
Hey another gunmetal blue Jeep. Was a rare color in '98 when it became available. The Jeep makes a great tug for moving the trailer around though, used mine the other day to pull the boat out of it's spot to winterize it.
__________________
"I can fix it, and if I can't fix it, I can fix it so no one can fix it!"
Ed & Wendy
2009 Georgetown 378TS | 1998 Jeep Wrangler | 1998 Skeeter ZX202C
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:38 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
 
MtnGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Shenandoah Valley
Posts: 9,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWJeeper View Post
Hey another gunmetal blue Jeep. Was a rare color in '98 when it became available. The Jeep makes a great tug for moving the trailer around though, used mine the other day to pull the boat out of it's spot to winterize it.
OK, I just gotta ask.....how did you know my Jeep was a 98 ??? Or were you just stating that was the 1st year that gunmetal blue was available ??

I'll be darned if I can tell the years within a model apart. I know the difference between the YJs, TJs, JKs, and even can tell the CJ 5s from the 7s, but that is about where it ends. I know the 97s had a different steering wheel a smaller cowl vent than the 98s, but that is about where my knowledge of the TJs ends. In the later years Jeep TJs went with electric engine fan and a couple other engine changes, but you had to raise the hood to see that.

Inquiring minds want to know. And then I will stop hijacking your thread.

__________________

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 04:53 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
NWJeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Enumclaw, WA
Posts: 2,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
OK, I just gotta ask.....how did you know my Jeep was a 98 ??? Or were you just stating that was the 1st year that gunmetal blue was available ??

I'll be darned if I can tell the years within a model apart. I know the difference between the YJs, TJs, JKs, and even can tell the CJ 5s from the 7s, but that is about where it ends. I know the 97s had a different steering wheel a smaller cowl vent than the 98s, but that is about where my knowledge of the TJs ends. In the later years Jeep TJs went with electric engine fan and a couple other engine changes, but you had to raise the hood to see that.

Inquiring minds want to know. And then I will stop hijacking your thread.

Hey no worries on the hijacking (wait the TSA isn't watching are they??) I don't care. Everything you mentioned is correct. The '97s did have a different steering wheel, '99s had different heater and fan controls (round instead of the sliders). From your picture I couldn't tell for sure what year it was but mine being a '98 and knowing it was the first year of that color was a bit of a clue. Don't know how many years they offered it. Although I can tell you if your Jeep is early '98 or late '98 by looking at the front lower control arm bolts. Mine (early '98) had cammed (adjustable) bolts to adjust the caster of the axle. Some time in late 98 they stopped using them. Mine is also the only TJ I have found that came from the factory with a tilt and slide mount on the drivers side seat. It's always standard on the passenger side but never the driver side. Don't know why.

Cheers...
__________________

__________________
"I can fix it, and if I can't fix it, I can fix it so no one can fix it!"
Ed & Wendy
2009 Georgetown 378TS | 1998 Jeep Wrangler | 1998 Skeeter ZX202C
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
utah

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:34 PM.