Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2016, 07:57 AM   #1
Wanna Be Camper

First Trip in Since 2013

Well finally got out for a few days that we actually went more than 12 miles. Went about 100 miles for a kite festival. Since our last trip to Tennessee I have added an SCT Programmer with 5 Star tunes to the truck, added Tuff Country Add a Leaf springs to the back and Monroe Sensi Track Shocks. Also added Toyo Open Country ATII tires. I ran the 87 Tune and the truck performed beautifully, ran most of the trip home in 6th with some time in 5th and a very few occasions that I had to shift to 4th. I can hardly wait till we go on a long trip and I run the 91 Octane tune in it as the 87 tune tune performed better than the tuck running 91 Octane with no tune last long trip. I am also very pleased with the Tuff Country Add a Leaf springs I put on, the truck only drops about an inch when I put the trailer on it so I had to change the hitch settings to compensate but all I have to say is WOW. I had a semi pull right up on the trailer bumper on the way home and there was no push at all that I could feel and on the way there we ran into a head / side wind with zero sway of any kind. I highly recommend the Tuff Country springs as I can very little difference in the ride of the truck empty, I thought long and hard before I bought the springs as to me air bags are a PITA and I just wanted the truck to work for all loads as I have a boat and an 18' car hauler flat deck as well so screwing around with air bags was not on my list of favorite things to do. As to mileage I averaged 10.36US MPG at 62 miles per hour for the 200 miles of some nice rolling hills.

All in all it was a great outing for a trailer that has basically sat in our yard for 3 years, oh and everything still works just like the day it followed us home for the first time.

Here is a pic prior to leaving and yes the grab handle was folded prior to departing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0042[1].jpg
Views:	117
Size:	354.5 KB
ID:	112460  

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags