Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2010, 10:48 PM   #1

First Trip of 2010

Well we just returned from our first trip of 2010. We decided to spend 3 nights out and explore a few campgrounds on nearby lakes that we want to bass fish later in the year. Upon arrival we found that the best sites at these parks were still closed for the season so we headed for the coast instead. What a great (if not short) getaway. We were at a state park about 100 yards from the water and the weather was great. We couldn't believe that it was 60 degrees out, sunny and we had our door open on the rig in February.

Our dogs had a great time running on the beach and I swear I could see a smile on the face of our 14.5 year old Bichon as he went running by. Can't wait to do it again...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Grayland1.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	149.1 KB
ID:	2189   Click image for larger version

Name:	Grayland2-lily.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	2190   Click image for larger version

Name:	Grayland4-max.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	2191   Click image for larger version

Name:	Grayland3-sunset.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	2192  
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:18 AM   #2

Your coast pictures are awesome... I am hoping to get to your general area in the next few years, love the Bainbridge Is area, would love to Kayak near Roche Harbor and Lime Kiln area (San juans) and see the Orcas in the Georgia straits.
flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 05:28 AM   #3

NWJeeper, pic look great, but as I look out my window that is not what I see, but one day when it gets warm and all of the snow that is in my driveway melts I am sure I will have an ocean rolling into my garage. Glad to see you were able to get out and enjoy the nice weather....
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:22 AM   #4

I long for pictures like yours and not the dirty snow I see today!! Great pics!
Old 02-18-2010, 10:40 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrotor View Post
Your coast pictures are awesome... I am hoping to get to your general area in the next few years, love the Bainbridge Is area, would love to Kayak near Roche Harbor and Lime Kiln area (San juans) and see the Orcas in the Georgia straits.
Flyrotor, if you haven't done the Deception Pass tour you absolutely have to. We did a guided kayak tour many years ago and it's incredible. Deception Pass has tides so bad that even the most powerful boats can't get in when the tide is coming out. They plan the trip as the tide is going in and you can paddle right in and out again safely. A small island in the pass forces large power boats to one side and therefore creates a separate and safe lane for smaller boats like kayaks. After the pass they stop for lunch on a beach that is only accessible by boat. It's a great trip and a beautiful area to see if you get over here. Also a very nice state park with camping right there as well but you had better make reservations.
www.nwjeepn.com
Old 02-18-2010, 10:46 AM   #6
CLASS "A" Senior Member

NWJeeper, great pictures, glad someone is able to get out and enjoy some camping. We're still looking at the piles of snow that are melting but very,very slowly. In fact on Rte 30 near my house the county has been using front end loaders to pile up the snow off the shoulders of the road to try to minimize the drifting. It's about 8 feet tall right now and heaven forbid there's the possibility of another storm just as bad this coming Monday into Tuesday.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:55 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
NWJeeper, great pictures, glad someone is able to get out and enjoy some camping. We're still looking at the piles of snow that are melting but very,very slowly. In fact on Rte 30 near my house the county has been using front end loaders to pile up the snow off the shoulders of the road to try to minimize the drifting. It's about 8 feet tall right now and heaven forbid there's the possibility of another storm just as bad this coming Monday into Tuesday.
You guys are just livin' on the wrong coast Charlie. They are calling for sun all week this week, sigh. Wished we were still out there. Oh well, things to do on the rig anyway.
www.nwjeepn.com
Old 02-18-2010, 11:08 AM   #8
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWJeeper View Post
You guys are just livin' on the wrong coast Charlie. They are calling for sun all week this week, sigh. Wished we were still out there. Oh well, things to do on the rig anyway.
You're killing me!!! But I did see the sun once, I think it was Monday, but I could be wrong. We're going to the RV show tomorrow and look around at the new goodies. Opening day is usually pretty light when we go so it's nice to just walk around and look without the crowds.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:34 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
You're killing me!!! But I did see the sun once, I think it was Monday, but I could be wrong. We're going to the RV show tomorrow and look around at the new goodies. Opening day is usually pretty light when we go so it's nice to just walk around and look without the crowds.
Well don't tell everyone this as we like to keep it a secret, but Seattle doesn't get as much rain as everyone thinks. Have a great time at the show.
www.nwjeepn.com
Old 02-18-2010, 05:47 PM   #10

NWjeeper, Thanks for the review on Deception Pass, I have read about it, time to start a bucket list. (about a 40+ year list, hopefully)
flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 07:50 PM   #11

wow
that is a fantastic looking campsite
and the pups sure look like they were having fun

what is the name of the park
Old 02-18-2010, 08:20 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerboatr View Post
wow
that is a fantastic looking campsite
and the pups sure look like they were having fun

what is the name of the park
Grayland Beach State Park. It's been years since I was last there and they have upgraded it quite a bit. Was really surprised. Also found out that for most of the year it is usually packed and requires reservations to get in. Off season like this is another story though. There were several cul-de-sacs with campsites much like this. We will be going back for sure.
www.nwjeepn.com