Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2015, 06:58 PM   #1

Florida Resorts

DW and I are heading to Florida in January 2016 until March. We would like to stay at 3 different resorts, the golf side, central, and eastern areas. I have scoured the internet for resorts, Many have poor reviews, but we have found that many times only folks who have bad experiences are the ones who write reviews and there are a lot more good things that happen that are not reviewed. If any one has a favorite resort could you please let me know. We are heading down the week of July 13 to look over several. The Great Outdoors in Titusville is one

Hopefully by then all of the newness bugs will be worked out of our Silverback.
Rich5117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 07:08 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich5117 View Post
DW and I are heading to Florida in January 2016 until March. We would like to stay at 3 different resorts, the golf side, central, and eastern areas. I have scoured the internet for resorts, Many have poor reviews, but we have found that many times only folks who have bad experiences are the ones who write reviews and there are a lot more good things that happen that are not reviewed. If any one has a favorite resort could you please let me know. We are heading down the week of July 13 to look over several. The Great Outdoors in Titusville is one

Hopefully by then all of the newness bugs will be worked out of our Silverback.
Outdoor Resort of America, Melbourne Beach, not much online...as the sites are individually owned, however there is a realtor/ rental management company or you can rent from individuals. Next to golf course, on Indian River and Ocean, private beach, gated, three pools, three sets of tennis courts, all paved, work out room, hot tub shuffle board, etc. PM if you would like more information. $35.00 to $45.00 a night, weekly and monthly available.
lgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 07:15 PM   #3

[attac[attach]Click image for larger version

Name:	91323747-2 (2).jpg
Views:	257
Size:	360.0 KB
ID:	81237[/attach][/attach][/attach]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ORA 1980.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	81234   Click image for larger version

Name:	Melbourne Beach (1).jpg
Views:	186
Size:	168.2 KB
ID:	81235   Click image for larger version

Name:	ORA Pier.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	81236  
Old 06-26-2015, 07:23 PM   #4

looks like a place we need to visit this summer

Terri & Joe + Boont & Tasha
Camping a long weekend every month or so since May 2013 in our cute 21FBRS MicroLite to practice for retirement while living here in Florida
Joe is retired.... next camper ordered.... getting ready to change this signature really soon!
Life Without Whine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 07:28 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life Without Whine View Post
looks like a place we need to visit this summer
We never came accross anything like it, liked it so much we bought a site and keep a seasonal there year round. We will be going back July 10-15th if you want to get in the gate...
Old 06-27-2015, 09:45 AM   #6

Following this one.....interested
Old 06-27-2015, 12:50 PM   #7

Following also. We liked the KOA at Lake Okachobee. Dog park, adult pool and family/kid pool, golf and fishing.not a lot of noise.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
dj3spots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 03:37 PM   #8

[ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	Melbourne Beach (2).jpg
Views:	197
Size:	133.1 KB
ID:	81326[/ATTACH]

Life Without Whine, per your request, our site on Galaxy Lane. Park is very quiet, 576 sites, all individually owned, many park models, but at least 100 or more RV lots. Multiple meeting rooms and club houses; very busy during snowbird season (Jan. through April), multiple daily activities posted on boards, open to all...parties and other social functions. Sites are pretty consistent in size.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Melbourne Beach.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	81325  
Old 06-27-2015, 03:39 PM   #9

As a Floridian I would expect we could get in easily when not snowbird season?

Terri & Joe + Boont & Tasha
Camping a long weekend every month or so since May 2013 in our cute 21FBRS MicroLite to practice for retirement while living here in Florida
Joe is retired.... next camper ordered.... getting ready to change this signature really soon!
Life Without Whine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 03:45 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life Without Whine View Post
As a Floridian I would expect we could get in easily when not snowbird season?
Because the rental company does not advertise or even have a webite...this is place is a beautiful best kept secret in FL. This year there were rental sites available during snow bird season...not always the case, 9 months of the year, it is not uncommon for us to be the only one's at any one of the three pools. There are approximatly 65 people who live there year round.
Old 06-27-2015, 08:17 PM   #11

Who can I talk to about lots for sale?
Old 06-27-2015, 08:22 PM   #12

The realtor and rental owner is Diane Graham, 214 Horizon Ln, Melbourne Beach, FL 32951
(321) 724-2600. She is off on Sunday's and Monday, however there is someone in the office normal business hours, 7 days a week. Connie is is second in command.

Some lots are for sale by owner, never on-line, but posted on 3X5 cards on public boards in the park.
Old 06-27-2015, 08:41 PM   #13

If you have a Golden Age Pass, you ought to check out the Army Corps of Engineer camgrounds. This will be my first winter down there too in my A frame
Gramps42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 11:32 AM   #14

Sorry have not been back on for a bit, rain and flooding kept us busy. Thanks, Igray we are meeting with Ms. Graham or one of the assistants to look at the resort, I would give a specific date but not sure what day during the week we will get there. Looking to stay there in February 2016 hopefully they will have some sites.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:45 AM   #15

My pleasure. You may just decide to stay…we always hate to leave. The aerial shot was taken in the 1980’s so there is a some development. To the right of the park, county water treatment plant. For us that was an initially a concern but not after we learned of the new technology. We actually own against the fence with a huge field and plant behind us. The benefit to the park is that we get free reclaimed water for our sprinkler systems. There are 15 foot trees growing in the no longer used tank, they just have not torn down. To the left of the park and left ocean, is a sanctuary with all kinds of wildlife. Keep your dog on a leash, as we occasionally get a bobcat in the development hunting rabbits. Look for nesting turtles and hatchlings on the beach, very frequent. Pictures don’t do it justice and can’t list all the other things it has to offer like golf course in walking distance and soft server ice cream at the front of the park…LOL
Old 07-02-2015, 12:07 PM   #16

Be prepared to be disappointed in getting into ANY very nice resort parks Orlando frost belt south! I have been trying for 2 months since receiving notification of the Park we chose sold out and returned our deposit!
Many are NOT even taking a waiting list OR they have 50 potentials lined up.
IF YOU FIND SOMETHING : BOOK IT!
Jan/Feb/March is about DONE!!
Fuel here is CHEAP for Canadians and they book in droves, east and west coasts.
Let me share that the following are SOLD OUT for the winter:
* The Great Outdoors in Titusville
* Silver Palms at Lake Okeechobee
* Riverside in "Arcadia" ( Port Charlotte)
* Rock Crusher Canyon

I just came back to Atlanta from a month in Florida and FORTUNATELY
we found a PRIVATE OWNER LOT in a nice area, smaller resort, BUT, We have to take it for 6 months!! May take it regardless!!

NOT TRYING TO BE NEGATIVE HERE, just a WARNING!!

FIND IT AND BOOK IT.
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 08:25 PM   #17

On way back from Florida if anyone is interested Thousand Trails Orlando has lots of sites. Most of good resorts in north gulf area around Panama City have some sites but filling up quickly. We chose Whispering Palms in Sebastian as Outdoor Resorts in Melbourne was full. We looked at approximately 20 Resorts found 8 or 9 my wife and I said " we could stay here for a month"

Orange Blossom KOA
TT Orlando (Staying in Jan)
Dunedin Carefree Rv Resort
Tropical Palms Resort
Great Outdoors (sold out)
Outdoor Resorts (sold out)
Whispering Palms (Staying in Feb)
Emerald Coast Rv Beach Resort
Camp Gulf (Staying in March)

We are sure there are more good places but we only had a week to zip across the state.

Read reviews on every place we went we found some reviews were spot on, but many that just did not seem right, maybe the writers just had a bad experience, it happens sometimes. We found all the hosts and office people at each place we visited extremely friendly and more then willing to let us in to look over sites that were open.
Old 07-19-2015, 10:31 AM   #18

Florida Resorts

Quick up date got a call from Camp Gulf said they made mistake and were refunding my deposit . In February they go to a daily rate over 100 per day versus the monthly rate. Did not care that I had a signed receipt. So we are now going to Emerald Coast for March. Going to have to cross them off our list of resorts we will likely stay at in future.
Old 07-19-2015, 05:48 PM   #19

Our experience since moving to FL is that RV "resorts" here tend to be snowbird parks with permanent rigs that are vacant off season. Some are nice and some are not. I'm sorry to say that many cater to Canadians and some of them (not all) are very rude. I suspect most of the good resorts are rather expensive, but of course, we've not stayed in any, yet.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 05:54 PM   #20
Mod free 5er

Rich5117, FYI, TT Orlando/Kissimmee is usually filled to capacity starting in late Dec until Mar. We have to make reservations 120 days in advance and you can only stay 14 days and out a week. Can only have 2 reservations on the books at a time.