Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2015, 01:03 PM   #1
Stufremont

Thumbs up Fossil Butter National Monument.

Starting cross country next week from NH. IN late June the plan is to be going up to Fossil Buttes outside of Kemmer Wyoming.Has anyone been there? I have daughter who loves the fossil stuff, so it would be a good stop. Is the parking lot at the visitor center big enough for a trailer parking for a 3 hr stop? Or, should I find a campground and plan to spend the evening in the area?

Another question. From Loveland Colorado up to Estes Park. Is it better to park on the plains, or pull it up to Estes Park(Rocky Mt National Park)? Is route 34 a pain in the trailer?

Any suggested stops ( attractions or campgrounds) between Denver and Kansas City, or do I push it for 2-3 days?

Thanks.... more questions eventually coming. You guys are great!
Stufremont
2504s rockwood Minilite + 2012 Ram 1500 hemi
1 over active Lab-Plays 24/7
Stufremont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 01:16 PM   #2

I live in Boulder CO and can comment on 34. 34 is a fine mtn road, plenty of room for your trailer. When you get to Estes......be careful. it's a town in a valley, and roads sometimes dead-end when you least expect it. BUT, there's some camgrounds up there. I should say LOTS of private campgrounds up there that cater to big RVs. Steer towards one of those, not any of the campgrounds in RMNP, where sites are small.
TT 2014 Rockwood Roo 183
TV 2012 Nissan Armada
EricInColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 04:42 PM   #3
Stufremont

Eric, If I don't tow up to Estes Park and stay in the valley, do you recommend any campgrounds around Loveland? I'll be there for 8-9 days the 2nd-3rd week in July.
Thanks.
1 over active Lab-Plays 24/7
Stufremont is offline   Reply With Quote