Old 12-16-2013, 12:05 PM   #51

dont know how people can just get on the interstate and go, when they need fuel just turn off and fill up, why do they need a app to do this??? I dont have a smart phone and do just fine with out it with my rig behind me, BTW I am under the age of 50, and prob sound like my dad

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:17 PM   #52
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevanb View Post
dont know how people can just get on the interstate and go, when they need fuel just turn off and fill up, why do they need a app to do this??? I dont have a smart phone and do just fine with out it with my rig behind me, BTW I am under the age of 50, and prob sound like my dad
X2, I don't know how in the world we managed to travel all these years without a smart phone to tell us where we could stop. Just lucky I guess. I, for one refuse to be tied to a phone to tell me where to stop. Too bad the tv's don't come with a device that renders phones useless while the wheels are turning.

Old 12-16-2013, 12:51 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
X2, I don't know how in the world we managed to travel all these years without a smart phone to tell us where we could stop. Just lucky I guess. I, for one refuse to be tied to a phone to tell me where to stop. Too bad the tv don't come with a device that renders phones useless while the wheels are turning.

Jeez, some people want to save a few cents and/or have a little more piece of mind. Whats wrong with that? Certainly nothing you should mock them for....

Tis the season!

2013 Rockwood Mini 2503S
2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 5.3L
Bryan2503S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:56 PM   #54
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan2503S View Post
Jeez, some people want to save a few cents and/or have a little more piece of mind. Whats wrong with that? Certainly nothing you should mock them for....

Tis the season!
No mocking at all, just a different viewpoint. That's what makes this world go around, different strokes for different folks.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:56 PM   #55
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Agreed, I can navigate by maps and fill up by eyeballing the station before pulling in, but if I can have my wife check from the passenger seat while I drive- I don't understand why I wouldn't use the tools available to us.

I just don't get why people get so upset if someone wants to use something that they don't.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:57 PM   #56

Quote:

Tis the season!
if you want to save a few cents cancel the monthly cell phone data plan, at 30 bucks for each phone that is a lot of fuel. if I decided to have a data plan it would cost me 720.00 a year for me and the wife . I would rather put that in my tank to go places

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:58 PM   #57
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
No mocking at all, just a different viewpoint. That's what makes this world go around, different strokes for different folks.
The mocking is the condescending tone of your posts and is what riles people up. Your posts imply that you're somehow superior because you don't use these things.

(shrugs)
Old 12-16-2013, 12:59 PM   #58

Saying a smart phone tells us where to stop for fuel is like saying a GPS tells us where to camp. You have a GPS don't you OldCoot.

All the ideas mentioned are merely tools for trip planning and I use all the tools available. Back when I had the Dodge with a V10 gasser those tools came in handy when only getting 5 MPG and traveling on state roads in the west where stations could be few and far between.

Personally I think it's the smart RVer who uses all the tools available for trip planning.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 01:03 PM   #59
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevanb View Post
if you want to save a few cents cancel the monthly cell phone data plan, at 30 bucks for each phone that is a lot of fuel
X2, as the old saying goes, "Penny wise, pound foolish"
Old 12-16-2013, 01:16 PM   #60
RKR

Lmao , I think if it was up to select few we would still be running around naked and carrying clubs...
ROFL

Tags
gas