Old 09-25-2009, 09:19 AM   #11
CLASS "A" Senior Member

We're heading down your way next Thursday to visit with our daughter at Liberty University and stay at Paradise Lake Campground. We'll be over there until Sunday. Any comments about the campground?

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 09:41 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
We're heading down your way next Thursday to visit with our daughter at Liberty University and stay at Paradise Lake Campground. We'll be over there until Sunday. Any comments about the campground?
We rode through it one time several years ago and saw a lot of permanent set ups. At one time it wasn't that great but I understand they had a management change and improvements were made. They had reps at several RV shows last year so they are making an effort to market it.

Have a good trip down here.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 10:43 AM   #13
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokiehall View Post
We rode through it one time several years ago and saw a lot of permanent set ups. At one time it wasn't that great but I understand they had a management change and improvements were made. They had reps at several RV shows last year so they are making an effort to market it.

Have a good trip down here.

Thanks we're looking forward to heading south. They really promote that They're Big Rig Friendly so hopefully it's not just hype.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 09-25-2009, 02:53 PM   #14

Two excellent places to eat in Lynchburg, both down on the riverfront are Waterstone Pizza in the bottom of the Craddock-Terry Hotel on Jefferson St, and the Depot, also on Jefferson Street. There is construction on Jefferson Street and it is closed to through traffic but you can get to each of these places without much trouble.

Old 09-25-2009, 03:36 PM   #15
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokiehall View Post
Two excellent places to eat in Lynchburg, both down on the riverfront are Waterstone Pizza in the bottom of the Craddock-Terry Hotel on Jefferson St, and the Depot, also on Jefferson Street. There is construction on Jefferson Street and it is closed to through traffic but you can get to each of these places without much trouble.
Ok thanks for the info.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 03-12-2010, 10:43 PM   #16

Hokiehall, we are planning a trip to myrtle beach travel park in July, would you recommend the site you stayed at or would you prefer to be closer to the pool or beach ?

Night's camped in 2010 36
MrSen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 12:09 AM   #17

To jump in on this, we were there over Labor Day weekend last year and already have reservations for this Labor Day there. I like the row on the lake, I think it is 518 to 544 or something like that. It is not a far walk to the beach or the pool and you are literally right on the lake. The sites are HUGE in my opinion as well. They are all back in, just don't back in too far or you will find out if your TT floats.
1 wife, 1 son, & 1 cat
Volunteer Firefighter/EMT
Asst. Scoutmaster (BSA)
archham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 07:09 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSen View Post
Hokiehall, we are planning a trip to myrtle beach travel park in July, would you recommend the site you stayed at or would you prefer to be closer to the pool or beach ?
We prefer to be as close to the beach as possible as we never use the pool. When we make reservations we request to be as close as possible and usually get within 4 - 5 sites of the beach. Better make reservations soon though.

Old 03-13-2010, 07:16 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by archham View Post
To jump in on this, we were there over Labor Day weekend last year and already have reservations for this Labor Day there. I like the row on the lake, I think it is 518 to 544 or something like that. It is not a far walk to the beach or the pool and you are literally right on the lake. The sites are HUGE in my opinion as well. They are all back in, just don't back in too far or you will find out if your TT floats.
Yes, the sites are a bit larger along the lake than up on the main beach area. One thing about the lake though, there are gators in it, so don't leave a small dog out. It might become breakfast.

Old 03-13-2010, 07:33 AM   #20

We are headed to Myrtle Beach this year, but we are going to Pirateland. We made reservations a year ago and are staying in the same site that we had two years ago, 44 steps from the beach. I would love to take my golf cart but Pirateland will not allow it you have to rent on of there's.
It's a wild place to camp, golf carts everywhere from your standard type to the high end models and I mean high end. No fire rings so there are no camp fires, but a lot of action. We will be there for 4th of July.