Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2015, 08:37 AM   #11
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Northwest NJ
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineCampingFan View Post
Welcome to Maine! Not sure of your length of stay,however the extended forecast is looking pretty good overall thru the weekend. Have fun!

Thanks MainecampingFan! We love Maine. This is our 4 th year at Sebago. We are heading up to Mt Blue state park tomorrow for a few days. I have never been to that part of the state. Next year I think we're going to try Camden Hills state park. I would like to bring my woofers next year.
__________________

__________________
2014 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
2015 Microlite 25 DHS
Gaberdeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 09:05 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
MaineCampingFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Maine
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaberdeen View Post
Thanks MainecampingFan! We love Maine. This is our 4 th year at Sebago. We are heading up to Mt Blue state park tomorrow for a few days. I have never been to that part of the state. Next year I think we're going to try Camden Hills state park. I would like to bring my woofers next year.
Camden Hills is one of the few state parks with electric and can be booked online, although I haven't stayed at any of the SP's. I usually favor western/northwestern Maine for sites. By far my favorite is Cupsuptic Campground Cupsuptic Lake Park and Campground located in Rangeley, Maine, however that may be a bit of a haul for you.
__________________

__________________
2015 Freedom Express 246 RKS
2016 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Z71 LTZ

Days camping previous years: Not Enough
Days camping in 2017: Still Not Enough
MaineCampingFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 09:11 AM   #13
Member
 
Lost Vermonters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Vermont
Posts: 95
We are headed to Maine next week. My family has a camp on Little Sebago.

Will rest at the "Wal Mart" campground on the way.
__________________
After 17 years gone - Finally moved back to Vermont 2016.
2015 Microlite 21 FBRS
Silverado 1500 TV
Lost Vermonters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 09:59 AM   #14
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Northwest NJ
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcullenvt View Post
We are headed to Maine next week. My family has a camp on Little Sebago.

Will rest at the "Wal Mart" campground on the way.
We almost did the Wal-Mart overnight on the way up. We hit traffic and got up here late. 1 hr past check in time. The state park lady was super nice and waited for us and put us in an empty pull through site for the nite.
__________________
Gaberdeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 10:16 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
mud yapster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,162
My friend has Westlake tires on his rig and hasn't had any issues with the tires in over 3 years now and his rig is about 10,000 lbs loaded
We have Westlake tires on our 18,000 lbs. loaded rig and haven't had any issues so far and there is about 4000 miles on the tires now. I do keep all 6 of them at 80 cold pressure.
Glad your trip is going well.
__________________
2014 Palomino Columbus 3650TH
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 04:59 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
MaineCampingFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Maine
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaberdeen View Post
Thanks MainecampingFan! We love Maine. This is our 4 th year at Sebago. We are heading up to Mt Blue state park tomorrow for a few days. I have never been to that part of the state. Next year I think we're going to try Camden Hills state park. I would like to bring my woofers next year.
Saw your generator post from last month.....how's it working out? Considering replacing an older contractor type that I have with something that can do double duty with the TT.
__________________
2015 Freedom Express 246 RKS
2016 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Z71 LTZ

Days camping previous years: Not Enough
Days camping in 2017: Still Not Enough
MaineCampingFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 09:05 PM   #17
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Northwest NJ
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineCampingFan View Post
Saw your generator post from last month.....how's it working out? Considering replacing an older contractor type that I have with something that can do double duty with the TT.
We just got home. All went well. I love the generator! Nice and quiet and had plane of power. I will however be looking into solar, probably the portable panels. No matter how quiet the generator it still is noise no e the less. I also determined I really need to upgrade my batteries. The one that came with the camper is just way to small to do any boondocking without driving yourself crazy. All in all it was a great trip and I learned a lot. (Especially that I need ant control! Got infested!)
__________________
2014 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
2015 Microlite 25 DHS
Gaberdeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 09:12 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
5verdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: CT
Posts: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaberdeen View Post
Total weight is about 6,100 when I'm loaded with all the gear. I had no problems getting here so far. My only concern was that the tires that came on it were the cheap westlake tires. I will change them to better ones after this season. Battery went dead overnight but I have a generator to run and recharge. I really want to look into solar panels because even though it's a quiet model genny I still hate to run it. With all the rain we had here yesterday I'm sure glad for the camper. Previous years we have been in a tent.
Don't discount the Westlakes to quick. Westlakes came on our 2013 Sabre 36QBOK when we bought it new and we put a grooling 4800 miles on them the last three weeks out west in the 100 degree heat, last summer we went to Disney and several trips to Maine/NH/VT for a total of about 8800 miles. We've had no issues with them at all. I'd be the first to dis ANYTHING made in China, trust me, but these tires have proven to be good by me. Just watch the pressure, stay of the curbs and watch the pot holes and you'll be fine. Good luck and.....
__________________
2013 Palomino Sabre 36 QBOK-7
2012 Ford F-350 SRW 6.7 CrewCab ShortBed
PullRite SuperSlide 18k IS Rails
2006 HarleyDavidson RoadKing Classic
5verdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 11:44 PM   #19
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,770
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5verdriver View Post
Don't discount the Westlakes to quick. Westlakes came on our 2013 Sabre 36QBOK when we bought it new and we put a grooling 4800 miles on them the last three weeks out west in the 100 degree heat, last summer we went to Disney and several trips to Maine/NH/VT for a total of about 8800 miles. We've had no issues with them at all. I'd be the first to dis ANYTHING made in China, trust me, but these tires have proven to be good by me. Just watch the pressure, stay of the curbs and watch the pot holes and you'll be fine. Good luck and.....

Someone who was trying to sell me Westlakes in a 17.5" commercial size said this, "I would like to point out that the Westlake tire is the most widely distributed trailer tire in North America, if that gives you any piece of mind."

Sounds like lots of people have them.
__________________
2012 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling an early 2013 Sabre 36QBOK
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 07:36 AM   #20
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Northwest NJ
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Someone who was trying to sell me Westlakes in a 17.5" commercial size said this, "I would like to point out that the Westlake tire is the most widely distributed trailer tire in North America, if that gives you any piece of mind."

Sounds like lots of people have them.
All good info to know about the westlake tires. I kinda just assumed that because it's what came stock from the dealer they would be your typical China bombs. Reading all the many posts about tire issues made me kind of nervous. Have to say I had no trouble to Maine and back. Keep my speeds under 65 and kept an eye on tire pressure. Thanks everyone!
__________________

__________________
2014 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
2015 Microlite 25 DHS
Gaberdeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:04 AM.