Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2017, 08:07 AM   #21
Global Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
That is pretty good really, Just think if you had to stay in a sometimes nasty motel, all of a sudden you would double that. So camping is still a good deal, the prices on motels just keep on going up, plus you get to sleep in your own bed. That Pass Port America, really never worked out for me seems I always got a blackout date when we arrived, besides just IMO i would rate most of there parks that I have been to a 5 out of 10. It did pay for itself in the end, but never again....
We have stayed in sites in the Florida Keys that were over $100.00 a night. Then again, in the North at some passport america sites under $20.00. We found passport america are normally new RV campgrounds getting started, older campgrounds that have not modernized, and less desirable campgrounds. We also stayed once at Harvest Hosts, which is free for 1 night stays.
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS (Center Kitchen Three Slides)

Scheinin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 08:48 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheinin View Post
I have been RVing full time for the last 355 days. I keep detail account of all our expenses: campground, diesel, propane, food, restaurants, phone, and entertainment, including admissions to all events and museums. The daily average is $90.87, which is $2700 a month.

What do you average paying for campgrounds? How long do you stay at each campground? How many miles do you travel each day? I don't usually stay at a campground longer than a week. If I eat in camper every day my food bill will probably be at least ten bucks a day or more, probably more. Eating out can get expensive quick.
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 09:17 AM   #23
Global Nomad

Full time Rving expenses

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
What do you average paying for campgrounds? How long do you stay at each campground? How many miles do you travel each day? I don't usually stay at a campground longer than a week. If I eat in camper every day my food bill will probably be at least ten bucks a day or more, probably more. Eating out can get expensive quick.
Over the past 355 days I have spent $11,431.37 on campground fees. That comes to an average of $32.00 a night. Having no where to go and all day to get there, I travel no more than 225 miles each move. Average is 175 miles. I stay minimum of 3 nights at any campground, with some up to a week. I am now in Florida. I have been at the current campground 5 days. Tomorrow I am going to St. Augustine and will stay a week. Then to Disney World for 8 nights. I, and my wife, are very fortunate. We will not be leaving any inheritance money for our children or grandchildren, and intend to spend most of our money before we die.

Old 04-24-2017, 09:21 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheinin View Post
we will not be leaving any inheritance money for our children or grandchildren, and intend to spend most of our money before we die.

love this.
Old 04-24-2017, 09:35 AM   #25

Quote:
Over the past 355 days I have spent $11,431.37 on campground fees. That comes to an average of $32.00 a night. Having no where to go and all day to get there, I travel no more than 225 miles each move. Average is 175 miles. I stay minimum of 3 nights at any campground, with some up to a week. I am now in Florida. I have been at the current campground 5 days. Tomorrow I am going to St. Augustine and will stay a week. Then to Disney World for 8 nights. I, and my wife, are very fortunate. We will not be leaving any inheritance money for our children or grandchildren, and intend to spend most of our money before we die.

Sounds like a good plan. We plan the same. We plan on leaving home sometime next week for who knows where or for how long. Granddaughters birthday is July 17, we have to be back for that. It would be great to see Alaska but who knows. Our first stop is Pigeon Forge and second stop is Goshen IN. From there it's like a dart board
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 12:43 PM   #26

Quote:
I have told my daughters if there is anything left when I'm gone it is only because my timing is off,,,, AND the last check I write will be to the IRS, it will bounce.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 01:53 PM   #27
Global Nomad

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
Sounds like a good plan. We plan the same. We plan on leaving home sometime next week for who knows where or for how long. Granddaughters birthday is July 17, we have to be back for that. It would be great to see Alaska but who knows. Our first stop is Pigeon Forge and second stop is Goshen IN. From there it's like a dart board
See you in Goshen.

Tags
travel