Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2012, 01:24 AM   #1

Is there a "Favorite Campsites" thread yet? If not I think I'll start....

Would love to see a huge thread on the best camp SITES at whatever campgrounds they're at.

Listing why and what special things about the sites people love. It's nice to hit the road and conquer some awesome adventures along the way but end up in a guaranteed perfect setting to make yourselves at home at for a while. Ahhhhh yes, I do love this life :-)

So I guess let's start here!

Give us what you got, I'll be working on my list and sharing soon

Eddie
Norcal8312ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:59 PM   #2
Site Team

a lot of campers are reluctant to post their favorite campgrounds.
i know i am, since i live in California and there's lots of competition for campsites.
i like to keep my favorites to myself.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:15 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
there's lots of competition for campsites.
I can understand that. Great campsites are similar to finding a gold strike, and you certainly don't want any claim jumpers coming in.

How about, I just tell you my favorite campgrounds?

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:23 PM   #4

Well I'm from CA and I'll tell you one of our favorites. It's the Pismo Coast Village in Pismo. It's right near the water, very clean, walking distance to town and really cool in the summer. Very rarely would you ever need to turn on the A/C. Bit on the pricey side and almost always full though.
Kathyrarnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:24 PM   #5

Living in around the "Great Lakes" area, we have several favorite sites/Cg's. The top 3 CG's are Brimley SP in Michigan's upper peninsula, Straits SP also in the UP and last but certainly not least is Ludington SP! Like I said, we are certainly blessed to have so many beautiful State Parks here in Michigan! My list could be longer, but for times sake, I won't. Pm me if you would like me to elaborate
Not_So_Mini-Lite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:43 PM   #6

If your TT is as long as it looks in the picture you can't get into my favorite places.
I guess we have different styles or desires...
Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:47 PM   #7

Different people like different campsites for different reasons. I'm not afraid to share mine as most of the campgrounds we visit have hundreds of people at them throughout the year. Now if it was my favorite fishing hole then that would be another story . The campgrounds we frequent usually have several campsites that have similar layouts so not a big deal if for us. And honestly I couldn't tell you the numbers of any of them anyway. We tend to flock toward a site with a grassy area to sit around in. Mature trees for shade. When we go to Mozingo Lake in Maryville MO we like to be down by the point and on the west side of the campground. Great views in the evening when the sun is setting. When we go to Wallace State park we like site #49 or 50 in campground 2. Great spot to be able to look out over the campground and trees. Especially in fall when they are turning. But here lately we have been staying up in campground 4 just trying out some different sites. Don't know till you try them right? Watkins Mill state park the verdict is still out with an absolute favorite. Bennett Springs State park we always like to stay in campground 1 if possible in one of the back in spots. Again sites are almost identicle so what the heck right! We have stayed in campground 4 and 5 before, and they aren't bad spots but not full hookups or close to the stream. Some of our state parks are still closed due to the Missouri River flooding from last summer. Hoping when they open I can find some new "favorites"
Old 08-29-2012, 10:09 PM   #8
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
a lot of campers are reluctant to post their favorite campgrounds.
i know i am, since i live in California and there's lots of competition for campsites.
We are not from Caifornia so I guess I can tell you about the Lake Casitas canpground in Ventura County, CA.

We held our family reunion there in July and it is a great camp ground. It was cool and borders Lake Casitas. My DIL was able to get us 5 spaces in the "F" area and we were very pleased with it.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:28 PM   #9

In west Central MO and Brason MO. Truman State Park (Raccoon Ridge has nice spots) Long Shoal CG and Mariana. Branson has a couple we like. American Best Campground and Musicland by the strip. Blue Licks Battlefield State Park located near Mount Olivet, Kentucky.

2017 Dodge 2500 Crew Cab 6.7L Cummins 4X4 38k mls
2010 Forest River Flagstaff 831QBSS - Equal-i-zer Hitch
2011 HD FatboyLo & 2000 Honda Shadow 1100
Nights Camped 2010 (7), 2011 (15), 2012 (35) 2013 (40) 2014 (22) 2015 (12) 2016 (10) 2017 (10) 2018 (10)
troyt is offline   Reply With Quote