Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2015, 10:26 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by wana65stang View Post
Have stayed at a few KOA's and all the ones we were in ( other than Bar Harbor where I couldn't even open my slide fully cause so close an at $94 per night) have had a good size spot.Last one we were at was Barrie KOA and would go back again!!!
We love the Barrie KOA, we are about 20 odd minutes door to ahem door, it is so close to just get away. The same couple have been running it for the last 25-30 years and there is pride of ownership there. I see their son is now going from "Employee" to "Management". We love the layout, not to mention ordering pizza from the inhouse pizzeria and having it delivered by golf cart.

Kevin
tenttotrailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 01:50 PM   #62

Ok we stayed at the natural bridge koa this weekend for 3 nights. It was great. They was super friendly. I can't speak for all the others out there but I would stay again in a heartbeat matter of fact we are going to the one in wythville va this weekend. And as far as price. They seamed in line if not cheaper then the others around the area.
danielabram71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 02:23 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielabram71 View Post
Do any of you ever stay at KOA camp grounds ? Have looked at one close to home it was nice. Going to stay at one in natural bridge va April 10th thru 13th and have seen a lot more wanting to try out. Just any information would be nice. Thanks
Going to Mystic KOA tomorrow through Sunday for our icebreaker trip.
Old 04-14-2015, 03:26 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielabram71 View Post
Ok we stayed at the natural bridge koa this weekend for 3 nights. It was great. They was super friendly. I can't speak for all the others out there but I would stay again in a heartbeat matter of fact we are going to the one in wythville va this weekend. And as far as price. They seamed in line if not cheaper then the others around the area.
Your going to like the one Wythville Va. I have stayed there many times. All pull through spots. Don't miss the turn on the left going in. There is a sign, but keep an eye open for it. I'm going up to Luray VA. in June. We will be staying at the KOA there......

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 03:29 PM   #65
Site Team - Lou

Been a KOA and Good Sam member since we have been camping.
You pretty much know exactly what you are going to get with either.

I like no surprises especially after a long drive with a single overnight and an early departure.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 03:49 PM   #66

At the KOA in Springfield, Il right now. Good place to stop if you are visiting Lincoln's tomb and/or his house. Good internet and cable TV. Very quiet location. Nothing fancy. A lot of Lincoln history in Springfield. The tomb/monument is very impressive.
GlacierGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 05:05 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
Been a KOA and Good Sam member since we have been camping.
You pretty much know exactly what you are going to get with either.

I like no surprises especially after a long drive with a single overnight and an early departure.
Spoken like an experienced Rv'er. I always do the same get a pull through don't unhook but put some stabilizers down and out the next morning in 10 mins. Best part is they are normally located very close to the interstate.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 08:58 PM   #68

We joined Good Sam and KOA shortly after we still have Good Sam.

We found KOA to be on the high side as far as price goes and usually mediocre as far as service went. There have been exceptions but many more are below what we like.

We have found with a little looking we can almost always do better for less.
DKRITTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 07:54 AM   #69

Yes I love KOA. In my neck of the woods they are right in line with everyone else. And if they are higher its like $2 and that is worth the money for cable TV and wifi
danielabram71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 08:33 AM   #70

We've found that, more or less, KOA is just a name. No better or worse than most. My opinion is that if a campground has gone the extra step to provide a highly informative website, it's just as likely to be as good or better than any KOA... And usually a couple dollars cheaper. I think the KOA website and online booking capabilities are what most campground owners are getting for their franchise fee.
I will say this, however. We have yet to pull into a KOA to find junk campers with rotted decks and trash around their seasonal sites like we have at other campgrounds. Sometimes you might feel a little "cheated," but you won't be tempted to pull right back out and find another place.

2015 Coachmen Apex 288BHS
2014 Toyota Tundra 5.7L CrewMax

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums