Old 06-20-2014, 11:28 AM   #1

Lake George

Going to Lake George, NY to Lake George RV Park next week. Anyone on the forum going to be there?

Old 06-30-2014, 01:17 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman94 View Post
Going to Lake George, NY to Lake George RV Park next week. Anyone on the forum going to be there?
were going but not until August 7th..Please do me a favor and give us a review..

Old 06-30-2014, 02:13 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrubby View Post
were going but not until August 7th..Please do me a favor and give us a review..

Hi Scrubby. This is our second year going to Lake George RV park. We were going to go west last year, but bought a new coach and didn't want to trouble shoot it on that great of a distance. We had the nicest vacation that we've had in years...perhaps ever. The park is the nicest, hands down, that we have ever been to. The facilities and amenities are plentiful and top notch. It is basically set up as a large nature park with paved trails throughout...many dedicated to walkers and bikes only. The park is so large that it has buildings/ facilities at both ends. There are three pools, two outdoors and one indoor. Game rooms for the kids at both ends. A variety of camp sites ranging from fully wooded to parking lot sites with varying degrees in between. As big as it is, it doesn't seem impersonal. There is a shuttle service within the park, although walking between both ends is very doable. Also, reasonably priced city transportation to Lake George from the park. The first year we had a toad, but didn't bring it the second year because of the available cheap transport. The trip is over 700 miles for us and we loved it so much that we returned this year (and we live in the beautiful state of Michigan!).
The one downside for us this year was that some of the amenities and the transportation were not available until June 27 (the day that we left). Since we didn't pull a car this time, we were limited to staying in the park. Not bad, but going to Lake George for shopping, dining and visiting tourist attractions was definitely a part of the appeal. You can get a cab, but it's $13 plus tip each way. Not bad for a day, but it adds up if you want to go for a few hours a couple of times during your stay. The price per night was discounted for that time period, so I just assumed that it was because of low census at that time of year. I was extremely disappointed that I was not told about this when I made my reservation or that that information was not disclosed on the web site. So the lesson here is ask why rates are discounted or if all amenities will be available during you planned stay.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:12 PM   #4

We went last Aug and rented a car from enterprise when we were there . It was cheaper than renting a golf cart

2008 Georgetown XL 378 TS
Jack Durney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 10:26 PM   #5

Should have done the same.