Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2010, 09:25 AM   #1

Lake Panasoffkee, FL

Wife and I are tentative in planning our first trip since her retirement. Plans are to spend winter months at Turtle Back Resort on Lake Panasoffkee.

Does anyone have any information for the resort, and /or the fishing on the lake.

As I said, we are new at this and want to get away from the cold winter. Any imput will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Glen
GleCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:17 AM   #2

I checked it out myself and and was definitely NOT impressed. Go a few miles south on 75 to Bushnell---nice parks there. They are on Passport America also if you have it. I have stayed at Red Oaks (formerly The Oaks,now a Carefree owned park) and they have very good rates by the month. Walmart is right across the street..Bluberry Hill is nice but no personality to the park...also $$$$$$. If you try Red Oaks, we prefer the Oaks side NOT the old Red Barn area...they merged last year when they were bought out by Carefree.
campbugjan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:48 AM   #3
Nights Camped in 2010 - 2

I grow up in that area. The lake was great for fishing especially I'd you have a boat. If not, there use to be places that you could rent one from. The area around the lake was always lacking....unless you really like the countryside living. Bushell, where I lived, had more to offer, but it is still small tiwn, but nicer. Lots if snow birds land there each year. Location is good because Tampa and Orlando or only an hours drive away. Good luck and enjoy.
Nights Camped 2010 = 18
Nights Camped 2011 = 15
sailingsuppo46 is offline   Reply With Quote