Old 12-04-2010, 10:35 PM   #1
Loooong trip planning for spring and I really mean LONG

So I may have one really looooong tow this spring:

Quite a route (I won't be travelling the #17 in ontario, we'll take the 400 down to the 401)

My 1998 6.5 turbo diesel will be hauling our 31 footer:

(35 feet hitch to bumper) the whole way.

I was looking for advice in route choice through the higher elevations.

The trailer is pretty big for the ol' girl and I was looking for the least painful way across the cont divide. The truck does fine in a normal haul on reasonably flat ground, but too my climbing drives the egt guage up into the danger zone after a while.

The Canadian route across the ranges in BC/Alberta isn't going to happen. Waaayy too steep for my ol girl to haul day in and day out.

Anyone know of a better route than what I've got planned for the western part of the trip (as in, elevation) through the States?

We've got 17 days to make the trip, but we're looking to hit Nova Scotia in the least amount of time possible and spend whatever days we save on the way there with our families before moving on to NFLD.

The move (yup, military likes to move ya) may not happen, but I'm planning now in case it does....

2011 Flagstaff Classic Superlight 831RLBSS "Atrium slide"
Husky Centerline Hitch
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K2500 6.5 Turbo Diesel
great white is offline   Reply With Quote