Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2010, 01:10 PM   #1

Maiden Voyage. . .COMPLETE

Well the first trip in the "new to us" flagstaff was a pretty big success. We had no major issues to speak of while we were there and camped. We floated the river once, we spent an evening watching the Frio Bat Flight (pretty cool), and had several pretty good "camp" meals. However, on the way home we hit our first bump in the road. 45 minutes from the house after sitting in two hours of Houston traffic we blew out a tire on the TT. Luckily we had a good spare and we travel in packs so someone was there to help. Problem is now I have to buy a new tire because we are heading out again in a week and a half. Oh well :-( No one was hurt and the TT survived to roll another day.

Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of '05 & '07
Rice˛ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 03:09 PM   #2

Glad to hear all went well despite the tire. You may seriously consider replacing all the tires though. If those are the original tires they are probably at the end of thier usefull life. As a rule no longer than 6 or 7 years maximum on RV tires no matter what the tread looks like. If they have been subjected to a lot of sun then they should be replaced sooner. Consider also that the tires can be older than the actual mfg. date of the trailer.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 03:48 PM   #3

Any suggestions about where and what type of tires to get?

Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of '05 & '07
Rice˛ is offline   Reply With Quote