Old 02-14-2015, 11:50 AM   #1
Myrtle Beach Recommendations?

New TT owner and planning a trip to Myrtle Beach in June; have not been there in years.

Is anyone familiar with Myrtle Beach Travel Park? Comments?

So far MBTP seems to be our choice, however also considering Lakewood, Ocean Lakes and Pirateland. My sense is MBTP may be a little less crowded; golf cart restrictions etc. Being I haven't camped at any of them, would love to hear from those who have.

BTW, we are older with no small children; it would only be my wife and I.

Thanks all.

tothebeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 11:55 AM   #2
(Dry Huunday)
We stay at the State Park and love it! But we prefer smaller parks and don't care for the "Resort" style parks.

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 12:05 PM   #3
From what I've seen of Myrtle Beach recommendations- everyone has their favorite and they all seem good. I don't think you can go wrong with any in the area.
2013 Sabre 36QBOK pulled by a 2012 Ram 3500 DRW
Blogs: Learn to RV & Personal Fulltiming Adventure
Towing Calculators: Towing Planner
ependydad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 12:30 PM   #4
Originally Posted by DreiHunde View Post
We stay at the State Park and love it! But we prefer smaller parks and don't care for the "Resort" style parks.
x'2 on the state park much better then the crowded resorts, they are just how do I say Suck.....Unless you want to be with 500 trailers and golf carts. You have beach access from the park very nice.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 12:39 PM   #5
Have never stayed at Myrtle Beach State Park but have been staying at Huntington Beach State Park for years. Find it to be perfect for camping. If you love golf carts running 24/7 mini golf and a dozen other distractions then it is not your place. If you love serene quiet campsites, beautiful hiking trails, and non-crowded natural beach then it's your place.
TN2TRAVEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 08:25 AM   #6
We have stayed at Lakewood the past 2 years. Our favorite summer vacation spot. They do have a lot of carts driving around, but most congestion at night. Seems like everyone thinks it's fun for some reason to drive in a big line at night. Anyways, we drove through Ocean Lakes one time during the day and it just seemed way more packed with cars and carts. It took a long time to make a circle and get out of there. I can't say enough good about Lakewood. We look forward to going back again this year!
Brian217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 08:56 AM   #7
I've stayed in Ocean Lakes and Pirateland. I like Ocean Lakes more because it's newer and my DW likes Pirateland better because of the lazy river and pool(s). They're both nice places in Myrtle Beach. I've never tried Lakewood. Some places don't allow alcohol in the CG at all, so if that matters to you keep an eye out.

2015 Sierra 32QBBS-23 nights camped since the end of June 2014
2015-sorry to say only 11 nights so far, more to come though
Shinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 05:10 PM   #8
There are many posts on this very topic here, but we have stayed at MBTP and Will do it again. It was nice quiet and close the the ocean. Im.sure all of the others are similar, but my wife and I will go back again. It's in North myrtle Beach and isn't right in the mix of all the commotion. It is just south of a park that no one goes to, so the beach feels like it is really only for the rv community.
2014 Roo 21DK
2015 F150
ChibullsAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 07:38 PM   #9
I think travel park is not on beach side kinda like briarcliff I have stayed at oceans lake pirate land Lakewood Mbsp cypress creek Huntington sp hunting island sp Mbsp is my favorite bigger sites but it gets very crowded also it wasn't like that 10 years ago but it is now

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
i2015 sunseeker 3050s. 2007 saturn aura
Boso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 09:34 PM   #10
Just Love to Camp
Myrtle Beach Travel Park is on the ocean! It rocks. We usually take the cart everywhere but here. Love that there are not a ton of carts riding all the time. Nice facility. Go every year and stay close to 20 days there are more threads on this if you look under the east coast. If you have more questions please ask Happy Camping

Camped 54 Night 2012
XLR Thunderbolt 386*12
"Bertha The LeadSled" is her name

2012 F450
TheFordes is online now   Reply With Quote