Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2015, 10:26 PM   #1

Need help with trip reservations

We are leaving in 12 days from winnipeg manitoba canada in our new georgetown motor home . This has been a dream of ours for a long time . But it's turning into a nightmare . We planned to travel to Las Vegas first then on to Mesa . Through Texas and New Orleans and then onto florida . But we have experienced a lot of trouble finding campsites with availability and are getting more and more troubled by the no availability comments that we receive . Are we doing something wrong ? Help!!!
Bradbrenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 02:52 AM   #2

There are really a lot of RVs moving around this year compared to recent years. Cheaper fuel prices helped I'm sure. While we have experienced your same problem we just expand our search a tad and usually have success. Use multiple apps and sites like Good Sam. Ask whoever your trying to book for suggestions if your first choice is not available. Look at State Parks and county run parks as well. I've booked sites for 4 rigs in Quartzite yesterday for next week and it was challenging to say the least! Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
chiefly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 08:01 AM   #3

What type of sites are you trying to book; RV parks with full hookups, just water/electric, boondocking, etc. Can you be more specific. That way those that know your likes, dislikes can chime in and make suggestions.

Also, your driving from the frozen north, so I assume you want to cover as much ground desending into warmer weather asap, correct! The more information you provide the better.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote