Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2016, 08:41 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1BCU View Post
Did you go in an FR3? Any suggestions? Need to cover the undercarriage?
We are in Flagstaff V-lite, front kitchen, bumper pull. Lots of road construction in YT. Lots of gravel dust. Sneaks in everywhere.
blue river is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 08:46 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
Does Direct tv work in Canada? Does it work in Alaska?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
That brings back memories. Fished Lesser Slave Lake, AB twice....... and it looks sorta like any other place driving around........trees are different than the south. But a similar feel to it all. BUT, the one thing you notice (other than signs are all have funky numbers.......or founky noumbers), is that the satellite dishes are pointed right at ya. Maybe 2 degrees off the ground. Just looks strange till you figure out just how big this planet is!

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 09:26 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbies in an FR3 View Post
Joining this thread! We're headed out on a 4-5 week road trip moving from NC to Alaska in a couple of weeks. Newbies to RVing and never been to Alaska- but excited about both!
CONGRATS on your FR3!! And Welcome from Huntsville AL! What i staking you to AK?

We will be making the grand AlCan run in 2018!
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 09:37 PM   #84
2015 FR3 25DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
CONGRATS on your FR3!! And Welcome from Huntsville AL! What i staking you to AK?

We will be making the grand AlCan run in 2018!
Military life is prompting the move, although we've been hoping AK was in our future all along. And thanks! As soon as we found out we were moving to AK we decided an RV would be the best way to make the most of our time there, and the FR3 really fits our needs- hopefully we still love it after 7k miles and 6 weeks!
Newbies in an FR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 11:18 PM   #85

Actually the bad road starts coming out of Whitehorse going to Haines Junction. Lots of frost heaves pretty much all marked. Destruction Bay north is road breaks and construction with long stretches of gravel subgrade that is not too bad. Dusty when dry - sling mud when wet.
There is a stretch of construction out of Munch Lake also.
Blackrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 05:13 PM   #86

Quote:
Joining this thread! We're headed out on a 4-5 week road trip moving from NC to Alaska in a couple of weeks. Newbies to RVing and never been to Alaska- but excited about both!

Where from in NC ? We are on the way now but will stop off for a few days in Yellowstone. We plan to cross the border around the 3rd of July

spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 05:23 PM   #87

Spock, I hope you keep a diary. I'd LOVE to read it when you get back.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 09:44 AM   #88
2015 FR3 25DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
Where from in NC ? We are on the way now but will stop off for a few days in Yellowstone. We plan to cross the border around the 3rd of July

Central, just outside of Raleigh. We're not headed through Yellowstone this trip. We'd love to go back, but we've been a few times and figured we should head a different route and see some other parks and sites we haven't visited yet. Have a great time, though- Yellowstone is a favorite for a reason!! Are you going through Montana?
Newbies in an FR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 01:29 PM   #89

Quote:
Central, just outside of Raleigh. We're not headed through Yellowstone this trip. We'd love to go back, but we've been a few times and figured we should head a different route and see some other parks and sites we haven't visited yet. Have a great time, though- Yellowstone is a favorite for a reason!! Are you going through Montana?

The plan is right now to Grand Tetons and Yellowstone and then Glacier and then head to the border. We are a little ways from St. Louis now, we try to do about 350 miles a day. Today was wash day, two days at campground, Whittinton Woods campground, a nice campground

Old 06-14-2016, 01:32 PM   #90

Quote:

We live outside a small town along side I-40, Warsaw NC. About halfway between Raleigh and Wilmington