Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2014, 09:18 AM   #1

Old Millstream Campground

I just wanted to share our experience at Old Millstream Campground at Dutch Wonderland in PA. My wife and I decided to take our kids to camp here and spend a few days at Dutch Wonderland. Upon arrival we were greeted by very friendly staff. This was only our third trip in our new trailer , however the staff here seemed much more friendly than our previous trips to different campgrounds. The sites were great and the place was very clean and we'll taken care of. We settled in and made dinner followed by a nice campfire and smores for our boys. They were calling for thunderstorms that night so I retracted the awning and we called it a night. In the middle of the night we were greeted by a huge storm with high wind , heavy rain and terrible lightning. Long story short our trailer and our truck were both struck by lightning. They were both towed away to dealerships for repairs. The manager of the campground put us up in a cabin for the remainder of our stay. The staff went above and beyond to make our unfortunate trip fun for the remainder of our stay. I highly recommend this place. We will be back for sure.
jcramer165x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 09:43 AM   #2

Good service is hard to come by that's great hope the damage was fixable.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:48 AM   #3

WOW sorry to hear of your problems, glad all was taken care of. What dealer did the rv get taken to, just checking as I know of most of them there and who is good or bad. Hope all gets fixed for you. Keep us posted.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 09:55 AM   #4

The trailer was taken to Miller's rv. It ended up only needing a new thermostat and a control box under the ac. The truck needed several computers and sensors. My wife just had our third boy three weeks ago. Our first trip back will be for Halloween in the middle of October. I've checked everything out in the driveway and it seems good to go. It's just not something you want to happen when your new to rving.
jcramer165x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 10:38 AM   #5

We usually stay there at least once or twice a year. Love it. We use it as a place to stay while going to concerts at the american Music Theater. No late night trips home. Very clean and air conditioned rest rooms. We were there once during a storm when the creek came up to the first row of trailers. So we try to get a spot on the high side.

"DON'T FORCE IT - GET A BIGGER HAMMER'
"Paul & Laurie"
2013 Columbus 340 RK
2013 F350 Dually 6.7 Diesel
Paul M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 11:28 AM   #6

Glad to hear that the repairs were done quickly and completely, now enjoy
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mpg