Old 01-18-2015, 03:18 PM   #21
Thumbs up DeLorme is the answer

Been using DeLorme Street Atlas for 20+ yrs. Updated yearly. Extremely accurate. And, you can set the program to your driving habits to make your ETA & driving time very accurate.

rainsmik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 04:17 PM   #22
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew
We use our IPhone Maps to plan our route and then we use OnStar to get there.

Ed & Ruthann / Toby and Tucker
2014 GMC Sierra Crewcab 2500 Duramax
2014 Wildcat 327ck
2015 129 nites
2016 40 nites
elind is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 12:40 AM   #23
Gps computer program

We use the Delorme street Atlas USA 2014 plus. We also like the via point to point feature to change the way we like to go. We have been using it since 2007 and have tried other programs but seem to always come back to dear old Delirme. We up date it every couple years. It works good on our laptop with wondows 8.
Swift 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 05:31 AM   #24
I hated to see Streets and Trips bite the dust too. Over the years Iíve tried both Delorme Street Atlas and CoPilot and I always came back to S&T. Iíve already bought the latest version of Delorme and consider it is the next best thing to S&T. The learning curve from S&T to Delorme is large but there really isnít much of a choice now that Microsoft quit supporting S&T.

My opinion of course.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 09:52 AM   #25
I didn't know Copilot was still around! I used it 15 years ago with my laptop and an external GPS. It was amazing in its accuracy. I lost the CD and moved on to DeLorme but the screen was way too busy and complicated. I settled on Streets and Trips and it has been my go to mapping program since. The current version is downloadable so it should run on Windows 7 and up. I think its a mistake that MS is pulling the plug on it just because of mapping on phones/Ipads. S&T does a much better job of plotting POI's and you can print a map off of your laptop to use as reference. Plus, you can input the campground info in a bubble for reference or future reservations!
glfillion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 07:34 AM   #26
Site Team
Originally Posted by campnqueen View Post
Ok I got a new laptop and running Windows 7 home. (NO COMMENTS!)

My old Streets and Trips program will not load into my new computer. ARG!!

So the questions is: What PC based mapping program (not internet or Goggle) do you use for planning? I have used Street and Trips for years and have had good success with it. we do not always have an internet connection so need a stand alone mapping program.

Please help!!

Which version of S &T? I'm able to run my 2005 version on the work Win 7 laptop without an issue. Maps are a little outdated now, but it's great for trip planning.

On the road I use the Magellan Roadmate app on my iPhone. All maps are loaded in the software and no need to use the Internet.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
There's no use crying over spilled milk, unless it's on your keyboard.
Kaadk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 07:49 AM   #27
I can run S & T 2014 on Windows 8.1. Maybe your version is toooo old. Good luck.

Edmund is offline   Reply With Quote