Old 04-02-2015, 01:26 PM   #11

efgsr47 - Thanks! I thought you could stay at any of them. Did some research and here's a website with information, state by state, where you can find Wal-Marts at which to stay.
Walmart Locations Store Details & Parking | Walmart Store Locator

brer_rabbit10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 01:38 PM   #12

We also have a free app you can down load called FREE RV CAMPGROUNDS shows you also what and were different trucks stops also available for overnight

Old 04-02-2015, 02:03 PM   #13

I have the android apps from Pilot/Flying J...as well as Loves and TA/Petro which also have parking overnight ( I love Iron Skillet!)
For those more PC based, here's the pdf for P/FJ which lists all centers by state and all ameneties and restaurants at each place (rv lanes, rv separate parking, Denny's vs. Subway etc. ) The real super centers for RV's are easily found this way. http://pilotflyingj.com/assets/files...ravelGuide.pdf
The others also have similar info on their websites.
2014 Vespa LX150 2014 StellaAuto 125
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 02:18 PM   #14

I have a small TT with no generator. When stopping at these places is there a place to plug in for the AC? I am pretty sure my battery wont run the ac and we normally travel in the summer time. This year is the first time for us going on an extended trip that will take more than 1 day to drive to the location.
Old 04-02-2015, 02:23 PM   #15

the post I gave was for a truck stops across the country
Old 04-02-2015, 02:25 PM   #16
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

I thought about staying at one for the night on my way to Arizona this winter. But I parked in the truck parking to get some to eat and I realized it was tight and noisy. I couldn't get my bed slide out without worring about getting it hit. So I got a motel room.
2015 129 nites
2016 63 nites
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 02:34 PM   #17

When I stay at truck stops I never think about opening any slide for that reason I just make do. We didn't have a problem with NOT opening the slide, at a few stops just could not drive anymore I pushed it and dealt with the noise
Old 04-02-2015, 03:10 PM   #18

Some trailers don't allow access to important features (bed, refrigerator, bathroom, kitchen cabinets) with the slide closed. That was one of my criteria for selection when I bought my 21DK. With it we can turtle with the slide in but still get to the bathroom and open cabinet doors and the refrigerator.

If it's just me and the wife (and maybe dog) that works. I won't be able to do that this summer because we'll have our kids with us.

For that reason we booked a pull-through site at a state park for a single night. I don't even have to unhook the trailer. Just drop the beds, open the slide, and maybe put down stabilizers. In the AM after breakfast, we're gone.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk.
- 1999 Chevrolet Astro
- 2005 Dodge Durango Limited 4x2 5L V8 Hemi

- 2016 Ford F-150 SCrew Lariat 4x2 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
chriscowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:34 PM   #19

My wife and I stayed at Flying J (before they merged with Pilot) from Louisiana to Virginia and back. Some of them have free dump facilities and dedicated fuel lanes. We loved the restaurants and gift shops. The ones with dedicated RV parking were very quiet and well lit - felt very safe. We are leery of Wal-Marts because their video surveillance is only for anti-union monitoring, not for customer safety.
JMHO - Regards Al
Old 04-02-2015, 10:14 PM   #20
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitmw View Post
I have a small TT with no generator. When stopping at these places is there a place to plug in for the AC? I am pretty sure my battery wont run the ac and we normally travel in the summer time. This year is the first time for us going on an extended trip that will take more than 1 day to drive to the location.

There are no hookups at truck stops, Walmarts, and Cracker Barrels. You must be self-sufficient.

The slide space is a good point. It really depends on the truck stop that you're at if they are going to have room or not. I've been at some where I couldn't leave my slides out and others where I could. We haven't stayed at any truck stops overnight- just a Walmart now.

Weather-wise for me has to be "just right" and there are very few days that it works out for us because we are "particular" and don't have a generator.

Tags
travel