Old 03-08-2015, 06:07 PM   #11
Private campgrounds have the right to ask you to leave for no reason at all.... There privately owned.

My wife keeps saying I don't listen to her -Or something like that?...."My advice has no basis ,more reliable them my own meandering experience" Baz Luhrmann
2011 Sierra 355QBQ 1986 F350
Mojojojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 07:58 PM   #12
Navarre Beach campground in FL has the, "No RV over ten years old rule". Unless they've changed from last year. Private campground - they make the rules.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

dj3spots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 11:49 PM   #13
Yeah a lot of private resort most of those places I wouldn't be ben want to be there I stick with blm and national forests myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Popupbenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 07:05 AM   #14
Originally Posted by Budro35 View Post
Have any of you experienced any RV Parks now that are not accepting RV's over 10 years old? I thought I read a certain thread that stated that and cannot find it now!
As long as your coach looks in good shape do you really think they can tell what the age is? I doubt it. You could put it's a 2008 and how would they know? Do they plan on making people show proof? Who carries that info?
justwinginit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 03:30 PM   #15
I own an RV spot in the UP of MI, Cedarville, and they have the ten year rule and they must be 28 feet long or longer. The RV park is run by a board of directors that are elected by the owners. I knew of the rules before I bought the lot. There are a good number of much older units at the park but they must look good and you must ask for permission. They don't allow home made RVs.
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 02:43 PM   #16

Who carries that information? You do. It's called the vehicle registration.
dkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 03:02 PM   #17
We have never ran into the age requirement in any campground that we have stayed at in Virginia, North or South Carolina, not to say there aren't any. The campground we stay at in Myrtle Beach often has a 1958 Spartan.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2013 Puma Unleashed 356 QLB
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 03:10 PM   #18
Site Team
Originally Posted by justwinginit View Post
As long as your coach looks in good shape do you really think they can tell what the age is? I doubt it. You could put it's a 2008 and how would they know? Do they plan on making people show proof? Who carries that info?

Usually everybody has it. Aside from the ownership/registration (same thing just named different in different places) it should also be on your trailer on the sticker with the VIN and the weight limits.

That aside, back to the OP's question:

I've never heard of such a rule for transients, but most of the places I've researched for seasonal have a similar kind of rule. In almost all those cases the 10 year rule just applies to starting a seasonal site and once you're in, you're in. You don't get kicked out on the 10 year anniversary of your trailer. My parent's seasonal for instance is about 24 years old now.

Of course every park is different so always do your research. Last thing you want is to show up somewhere and then suddenly have no where to go because they won't let you in.

Though, in those cases, I'd often not want to stay somewhere that's biased just on the age of the rig. Too uptight for my tastes.

Now if the rig is literally falling apart or something I can understand. I don't want my family around anything that could be considered unsafe but there are plenty of well maintained older rigs that are perfectly fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
There's no use crying over spilled milk, unless it's on your keyboard.
Kaadk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 03:26 PM   #19
Boss Ox & Drovergirl
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
At the campground where we have a seasonal site they have the '10 year rule'. That rule isn't carved in stone as there are a couple camper units there that are older that 10 but don't look like it at all. The owners ask the age of the camper and if over 10 they request a color picture. Their campground, their call. I would call the RV parks you have interest in and talk to management.
DITTO at the one we're at. when the new owners purchased the CG, there were a lot of "rust buckets" and that tended to deter even over nighters or weekenders from stopping.
Mark, Vicki, & Scout THE dog
2015 Hemisphere 282RK
2010 F250 Super Duty
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 03:37 PM   #20
There are a couple of places along the AL, FL coast that are "A's" only and nothing over 5 years old I think..

2014 Rockwood 2104s
2007 GMC Yukon
2011 Fleetwood Tioga Ranger 31M

CampingDixieDogs is offline   Reply With Quote