Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2015, 03:42 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj3spots View Post
Navarre Beach campground in FL has the, "No RV over ten years old rule". Unless they've changed from last year. Private campground - they make the rules.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Have reservations here for the first week of June. I don't recall them asking for the year of my TT.
10K WD Equal-i-zer Hitch
2015 Coachmen Catalina 273BH
LANShark42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 04:07 PM   #22

I can understand this "10-year rule" to some extent. I recently stayed at a park where there were some really ratty permanent residents. The trailers looked as though they were falling apart, and the residents had screaming kids that wouldn't stay away from my campground area. I never came up missing anything but felt like I was being "cased" several times. I've been in this campground before and it has gone downhill since these few trailers have moved in. One of them was there 3 years ago when I was there last. I don't go camping to put up with those kinds of things... If I ever owned an RV park, I'd just implement a 3-month maximum stay time. It would be by contract, only... so I could evict the squatters if necessary.
schrederman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 04:24 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
I can understand this "10-year rule" to some extent. I recently stayed at a park where there were some really ratty permanent residents. The trailers looked as though they were falling apart, and the residents had screaming kids that wouldn't stay away from my campground area. I never came up missing anything but felt like I was being "cased" several times. I've been in this campground before and it has gone downhill since these few trailers have moved in. One of them was there 3 years ago when I was there last. I don't go camping to put up with those kinds of things... If I ever owned an RV park, I'd just implement a 3-month maximum stay time. It would be by contract, only... so I could evict the squatters if necessary.
Couldn't agree with you more!
SkipnTerri is offline   Reply With Quote