Old 07-08-2015, 06:26 PM   #1

RV Trip Planners

After being sidelined lately from traveling I think the wife and I are getting close to hitting the road. Up till now I have always kinda winged it where to stop when to stop. My question is Does someone have a good RV trip planning app or use software program for this purpose?

wayne nichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 09:43 PM   #2
Fulltime family RVer

There's no good one out there. Furkot sounds promising, but I haven't used it (I've only read about it). RoadTrippers.com was OK, but I found some of its interactions frustrating to use. RVParky.com has a rudimentary trip planner that was OK but lacking a lot of features. RV Trip Wizard or something has a lot of campgrounds, but it's interface is beyond terrible. Good Sam had a free trip planner, but it legitimately looks like Greek to me.

I'm planning / designing one but am stuck waiting on my graphic designer. I'll have a beta test sign up next week and hopefully will open for beta testers in a couple of weeks.

Old 07-08-2015, 09:56 PM   #3

so cool I will be looking for the sign up thanks
wayne nichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 10:17 PM   #4

Technical Beta tester here, let me know as well.
Old 07-08-2015, 10:17 PM   #5

If you are a Good Sam member you may take a look at their trip planner. I don't know if it will work on a smartphone rather that a desktop or laptop. It will let you alter your route to your liking to see different attractions or landmarks. The campground feature is a little limited as the planner does not give you all the campgrounds that are available. It likes state parks and Good Sam campgrounds and selected private campgrounds, but it will give you warnings for low clearances if necessary. Let's you plan your travel each day and gives you very detailed driving instructions, sometimes a little more than you need, but gives you mileage on the route (sometimes not quite accurate but close enough).

I like travel off of the interstate to see more scenery and slower pace of travel, plus fewer billboards to block my view. Some trip planners won't let you pick and chose the roads you may want to travel. The Good Sam trip planner will let you change your route which is a feature I like. I used it twice for travel from Atlanta to Houston, a slightly different route each time and a couple trips to central Florida, again a different route each time.

You might just Google "RV trip planner" or "RV trip planner apps", lots of choices to pick from. All depends if you want free ones or subscriptions. Most will give you a demonstration to look at.
Camped 2016-71, 2017-33, 2018-29 booked
BooBoo23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 01:01 PM   #6
CMSgt. (Ret) Charlie Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne nichols View Post
After being sidelined lately from traveling I think the wife and I are getting close to hitting the road. Up till now I have always kinda winged it where to stop when to stop. My question is Does someone have a good RV trip planning app or use software program for this purpose?

We like free trip.com. It was on the Good Sam site but was replaced by a new planner. We really do not like this new planner.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums