Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-27-2014, 09:33 PM   #1

Thumbs up Satellite Internet/WIFI

Hi folks, I use the internet for email and upload downloads for my job... good and bad... allows me to travel in the Forest River whenever I want but I find that alot of the campgrounds have less there stellar connections. I also boondock quite a bit.... Any ideas suggestions on a good Internet Satellite or wifi package. I tried Clear in the past... (only works in major Cities) usually where I am not at... and I tried Dish for the TV a few times but always seemed to be under trees and many times I just couldn't get a good picture... looking to be out in the southwest this winter so figure I will have a nice clear shot of the sky. look forward to hearing. thx
Kelsma03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 09:59 PM   #2

Kelsma03 I'll be interested in what people post.

Thanks,
dfs
2012 Rockwood Windjammer 2809W
2004 Dodge Ram 5.7L 4X4 Quad
dfskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 10:06 PM   #3

Typically most people use either Direct or Dish for TV, Verizon for phone and internet. Satellite internet is quite expensive to get the equipment and monthly access fees are high for basically dial up speeds
donniedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 10:41 AM   #4

For TV I use Dish with a Tailgater portable antenna. For internet I use Verizon with a Wilson wireless repeater.
rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 08:43 PM   #5

thx.. with the Wilson... you need a signal thought right... so... maybe good at some campgrounds but with no WIFI????
Kelsma03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 10:03 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsma03 View Post
thx.. with the Wilson... you need a signal thought right... so... maybe good at some campgrounds but with no WIFI????
The wilson I use is strictly for Verizon cellular internet access. For standard WIFI signals, if my internal wifi adapter isn't getting a strong signal, I switch it over to a USB adapter with a high gain antenna like this one. I can further concentrate the signal by adding a home made parabolic dish to the antenna itself to make it directional.

rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 08:54 PM   #7

I bought a Wilson Cell booster but it is 3G and I now have an iPhone which I thought would work 3G or 4G it works great as a cell phone booster but it does not work well as hot spot with the Wilson booster. Is your booster 4G and if so does it work well for internet??
J W Bowman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satellite