Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2012, 02:14 AM   #21
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by prof_fate View Post
Congrats. I've only bought gas hitched up at truck stops -if they can make it so can I, right?

Last 3 camping trips I got it in the right spot on the first try. Watched many this weekend do Forwards/Reverse 4 to 6 times to get themselves in place. Our normal CG is hilly, gravely with some ruts and LOTS of trees so you learn to 'thread the needle' so to speak. This weekend was a grassy a grassy CG with large lots in ohio..not sure why so many had such issues.
Oh so true! I was afraid of it blowing up or something.

As for backing up several times I was the afternoon show more than once. Not so much now.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 05:36 PM   #22

Great trip Terier, sound like you did very well with all the driving and had a great time.

Let's all keep on RVing
Cedar Creek Sams President

RVing is a tough job,BUT someone has to do it!
Wildwood Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:00 PM   #23

Its great you all having fun at the campgrounds
Passing on another tip, if you have a sway bar installed on your WDH, don't back up with it, it can get bent easily. Just remove it for backing up purposes.
Days camped in 2015-18, 0 Days so far
Days camped in 2019, (8)
This Space for Rent
Night Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:04 AM   #24
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Stone View Post
Its great you all having fun at the campgrounds
Passing on another tip, if you have a sway bar installed on your WDH, don't back up with it, it can get bent easily. Just remove it for backing up purposes.
Believe me Sonia is pretty upfront about that issue.

Old 08-26-2012, 12:37 AM   #25

Hi TeresaInCal,
I'm new to the forum and have been perusing misc threads when I ran across your reply in which you said you were always looking for good places to camp in Cal, especially by the ocean. Well I have one for you, it's not near the ocean but it's near Mt. Shasta and has a great lake that's big enough for a boat yet small enough to kayak around -- It's called Lake Siskiyou, it's private and has full h-ups starting at $29/night. A really nice campground about 5 miles off I-5 in Mt. Shasta. Happy Camping!
ITDetailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:31 AM   #26
TeresaInCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITDetailer View Post
Hi TeresaInCal,
I'm new to the forum and have been perusing misc threads when I ran across your reply in which you said you were always looking for good places to camp in Cal, especially by the ocean. Well I have one for you, it's not near the ocean but it's near Mt. Shasta and has a great lake that's big enough for a boat yet small enough to kayak around -- It's called Lake Siskiyou, it's private and has full h-ups starting at $29/night. A really nice campground about 5 miles off I-5 in Mt. Shasta. Happy Camping!
Thanks! Next year, I hope to go on a little road trip to Oregon, maybe Washington to visit my sister. Mt. Shasta, I believe is on the way...
TeresaInCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:35 AM   #27
TeresaInCAL

Is it this one : Reynolds Resorts : Your California Vacation Destination : Lake Siskiyou
Old 08-26-2012, 12:00 PM   #28

I love seeing posts about fun trips.

One thing you might was to do is get a cheap baby monitor camera - you can rig it up so you can back up/hook up by yourself. There are battery operated ones that work really well.
crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:47 PM   #29
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
I love seeing posts about fun trips.

One thing you might was to do is get a cheap baby monitor camera - you can rig it up so you can back up/hook up by yourself. There are battery operated ones that work really well.
That tip would had came in handy a long time ago.

Now that I have my own truck things have become much easier. First - I am familiar with driving it and knowing how it reacts. I can back up and hook up by myself.

I also can get my TT into my parking space at the storage place all on my own and on the first attempt too. It also seems easier since there are now an MH on either side but also coming in from the other direction helped the most. The parking spaces are marked in the other oppersite direction than the driving lane is going.

We also got the TT in the driveway last weekend and it only took about 5 minutes. Don't have a nieghbor's driveway across from mine so it's a bit of a challenge with turning sharp while missing the mailbox on one side and missing the fence & city sign pole on the other side. Most of the problem with the driveway is placement as the section it needs to go is only 8' side leaving the other 8' for my truck. City will issue tickets if truck or RV is on grass.

Click image for larger version

Name:	driveway 2.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	18720

Old 08-26-2012, 09:42 PM   #30
TeresaInCAL

Good job!