Old 09-04-2016, 07:32 PM   #41
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
I don't believe that for 30 years you could Avoid a Direct Order of a Law Officer! Yes I will "Make Time to Do as Ordered and get in the way" as You describe it! Youroo!!
It always amazes me that when people share first hand personal experiences that there is always someone on a forum that want to "argue" about it.
I dont doubt for a minute that this happened and agree with you...comply and move on....pretty simple!

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 07:54 PM   #42
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreiHunde View Post
It always amazes me that when people share first hand personal experiences that there is always someone on a forum that want to "argue" about it.
I dont doubt for a minute that this happened and agree with you...comply and move on....pretty simple!
Agree 100%. It NEVER fails!

Old 09-04-2016, 08:17 PM   #43

I looked on North Carolina DOT website and it said it was a civil penalty of $1,000 bucks if DOT dipped out red dyed fuel and if you refused to let DOT or law enforcement check it was a $1,000. I saw other states some were higher, some places in Canada was higher. It isn't worth it to me, as unlucky as I am I would get caught

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 09:11 PM   #44
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreiHunde View Post

I agree! This argument is bat crap insane.
Old 09-04-2016, 09:43 PM   #45

Some people run transmission fluid as a lubricant. Other people say that will dye enough to raise suspicion on fuel tax checks.

Days camped 2016 8 2017 1
Iwannacamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 09:59 PM   #46
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
Some people run transmission fluid as a lubricant. Other people say that will dye enough to raise suspicion on fuel tax checks.

That's a new one on me.
Old 09-05-2016, 04:09 AM   #47
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post

I use to run ATF in my older diesel. I also ran used motor oil mixed in the fuel. Usually 2-3 gallons of oil to 19 gallons of fuel. I always have my fuel receipts. Visually it just turned the diesel fuel darker brown to black depending on the ratio.
The ATF is an excellent detergent and lubricant compared to ULSD. Many run a quart per tank. Another popular additive is 2-stroke oil in diesel fuel.
05CrewDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 04:26 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05CrewDually View Post
I use to run ATF in my older diesel. I also ran used motor oil mixed in the fuel. Usually 2-3 gallons of oil to 19 gallons of fuel. I always have my fuel receipts. Visually it just turned the diesel fuel darker brown to black depending on the ratio.
The ATF is an excellent detergent and lubricant compared to ULSD. Many run a quart per tank. Another popular additive is 2-stroke oil in diesel fuel.

Well it's been years since I've heard that. But back in the day of non-computer motors we always ran oil, transmission fluid in our tanks. In below 10 deg we used to cut 40 gal of diesel with a couple gallon or so of gas to keep fuel from gelling.

I ve never heard any of that going on with the computer engines ?? Might work. Not sure about the transmission fluid tinting the fuel either. Been years since I've heard of fuel tanks being checked too. Much less an RV tank.

So my thought is if one is so inclined to uses transmission fluid I guess it never matter as you will not be checked.

Russell
Old 09-05-2016, 05:05 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telstar View Post
When the sign says "truck" it's referring to commercial trucks. RV's don't have to stop.
That is correct.
Old 09-05-2016, 05:15 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Sorry but when the State Patrol is standing In the Highway with a Huge Sign that said "ALL Trucks must STOP" and we Stopped and He said Pull in for Fuel Check! We pulled In! Now what You Do in this Situation may Differ! Youroo!!
Wow. This is a first. So how did the state patrolman verify that you had a diesel engine. Did he ask you or did he know by just looking at your truck model name on the side?

Tags
diesel