Old 09-24-2016, 02:30 PM   #71

How do they pick and choose what to pull over? Are they going to pull every truck and car over and then determine which is gas and which is diesel. Seems kind of hard to pick one.

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 07:57 PM   #72
2007 WildCat 32QBBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge Guy View Post
How do they pick and choose what to pull over? Are they going to pull every truck and car over and then determine which is gas and which is diesel. Seems kind of hard to pick one.
Anyone driving a Dodge or Ram truck are a shoe-in. Fords usually get a pass.
Really though most of any roadside inspections are random or until they fill up the lane. Or if it's got obvious safety issues your getting pulled in.

05CrewDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 12:42 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05CrewDually View Post
Anyone driving a Dodge or Ram truck are a shoe-in. Fords usually get a pass.
Really though most of any roadside inspections are random or until they fill up the lane. Or if it's got obvious safety issues your getting pulled in.
Fords can be found at the side of the road by the fuel checkers!. Just kidding of course, but good banter makes this site fun as well as informative.
Old 09-27-2016, 01:05 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Kickin View Post
Fords can be found at the side of the road by the fuel checkers!. Just kidding of course, but good banter makes this site fun as well as informative.
The Fords are not moving anyway.........................

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2013 Puma Unleashed 356 QLB
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 01:32 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
The Fords are not moving anyway.........................
Odd response from a guy with a 66 and an 86 Mustang.
Old 09-27-2016, 05:42 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I looked on North Carolina DOT website and it said it was a civil penalty of $1,000 bucks if DOT dipped out red dyed fuel and if you refused to let DOT or law enforcement check it was a $1,000. I saw other states some were higher, some places in Canada was higher. It isn't worth it to me, as unlucky as I am I would get caught

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
Its a taxation thing. Nothing to do with EPA or illegal search and seizure or your constitutional rights. Off road fuel is not taxed the same as on road fuel.

You have the right to be stopped and checked, I'm sure that you can request that they get a warrant before you are checked, at which time you can be detained until they get one.

Licence checks are done often around here, no difference checking for untaxed fuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bareftn View Post
It falls under federal dot laws No such thing as a constitutional right of protection against unreasonable search and seizure.

Federal search & seizure laws state that without affirmative consent, a closed locked container can not be searched without a warrant. Just sayin' ....if you have a locking fuel cap, it's a locked container.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bareftn View Post
their is no reason for a pickup to be marked as commercial when used as a private use . but I will never be in Canada again after the problem I had years ago at the border and told them as I turned around no reason for me to ever come back here again, They asked for ID this was before you needed a passport so I showed my drivers lic, he threw it in my face saying whats this that's not ID so a long story cut short I said I will just go back to the usa and I walked back across the rainbow bridge.

I live in a world I don't understand anymore
Not in all states here in the U.S.....for example; https://dmv.ny.gov/registration/regi...-class-vehicle.
And, New York commercial plates say as much "commercial" right on them & as such, are not allowed on any commercial restricted road/highway.

Also, when we registered our TV & 5er in Florida, I was informed that the TV would have to be registered as a commercial vehicle due to its GVWR. I started to protest until she told me it would be cheaper because commercial reg. rates are less per pound than passenger rates. And the only way to tell is to actually look at the registration which states "commercial". The plates themselves don't look any different than any other car on the road.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 05:53 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Kickin View Post
The last time I engaged in "good banter" about ford vs chevy, I just about got kicked off.Just sayin............
Old 09-27-2016, 05:58 PM   #78
Who Dares, Wins

While the locked container idea sounds good... You might be free to go, but your truck will not. Here it will be seized until it can be inspected it you refuse, because by our law you have no choice to submit to inspection of the vehicle. Now this is safety inspection(fuel, tires, body) , not car searches.. For other stuff. Yes that needs consent or a warrant.

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2014 Greywolf 26DBH
doc73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 06:23 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
While the locked container idea sounds good... You might be free to go, but your truck will not. Here it will be seized until it can be inspected it you refuse, because by our law you have no choice to submit to inspection of the vehicle. Now this is safety inspection(fuel, tires, body) , not car searches.. For other stuff. Yes that needs consent or a warrant.

Oh, I never said you wouldn't be detained until a warrant shows up....that is a certainty. And, they would certainly "find" more stuff to write you up for while you're waiting......in the squad car with handcuffs on.

Fuel??.....a "safety" inspection item??? Except maybe if it's leaking, then yes.
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 06:25 PM   #80

In North Carolina if you refuse it's a $1,000.00 fine. I don't imagine DOT cares. I drive is a lot of states and I'm not going to risk it to save a few pennies. But it's a free country do what you like. I have a 100 gallon fuel tank and I can sometimes save when I'm in a state that the fuel is cheap in. A year ago or so I can remember paying four bucks a gallon for diesel, its right much cheaper now

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel