Old 09-27-2016, 07:38 PM   #81

What is a "Mandatory Truck Diesel Road Fuel Check"?

Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
mike.t is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 07:43 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike.t View Post
What is a "Mandatory Truck Diesel Road Fuel Check"?
It's where they check to see if someone is trying to save a few bucks and put farm diesel in their tanks . .

Old 09-27-2016, 07:44 PM   #83

Old 09-27-2016, 07:45 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
While the locked container idea sounds good... You might be free to go, but your truck will not. Here it will be seized until it can be inspected it you refuse, because by our law you have no choice to submit to inspection of the vehicle. Now this is safety inspection(fuel, tires, body) , not car searches.. For other stuff. Yes that needs consent or a warrant.
Not if they claim an out of season game animal or parts could be there. PA Game Commission has some special rules. Often troopers suspect drugs and game violation so a game warden is called to search and save time. At least when I still lived there.
Old 09-27-2016, 08:13 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbomax View Post
1st tine i have read about on this forum.
Old 09-27-2016, 08:17 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar1960 View Post
It's where they check to see if someone is trying to save a few bucks and put farm diesel in their tanks . .
Interesting northstar. Traveled on the "5" and "99" in central Ca and never saw one.
Old 09-27-2016, 08:29 PM   #87

Even though I posted ,I will add that in over 50 years of hauling motorhomes,boats,fifth wheels,slide ins,backhoes,cars on back hoe trailers,dump trailers with gravel,manure,horse trailers and whatever in all the combinations listed above,I have never seen one (fuel check) or been wieghed,or even asked about my fuel(but then Ive never been stopped or got a ticket for anything else either).The only way I would be worried about fuel check in an RV would be if you crashed it (never done that either so I dont really know for sure) and were spilling red fuel out.I would think that situation would be VERY bad.
Old 09-27-2016, 08:43 PM   #88

Even at the scales they just want semis on and gone. Besides, every driver overloaded knows where the scales are and the easiest way around them.
CaptnJohn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 08:48 PM   #89
Dazed & Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westielover View Post
The red dye is put in at pipeline when you load your truck uses less than a quart of dye for load of diesel which most trucks have 7500 gallons on a loaded truck full
OK, before I retired I worked as a electrician/instrument technician 41 years for an oil refinery and part of my job was auditing the red dye injectors every 6 months. I have been retired 2.5 years and my memories are fading but as I recall we injected 10 cc's per 40 gallons of off road fuel. BTW The Feds showed on occasion to check the records. I am tell you a little bit of the dye goes a long way and I still have clothes with dye stains.
M&K Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 08:48 PM   #90
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
In North Carolina if you refuse it's a $1,000.00 fine. I don't imagine DOT cares. I drive is a lot of states and I'm not going to risk it to save a few pennies. But it's a free country do what you like. I have a 100 gallon fuel tank and I can sometimes save when I'm in a state that the fuel is cheap in. A year ago or so I can remember paying four bucks a gallon for diesel, its right much cheaper now

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Its an additional $500 fine for refusal to submit to inspection.

Safety inspection is just what I called it. It is actually just an inspection. I have a whole manual I follow line by line for each kind of vehicle. Different vehicles get checked for different things. While fuel can be checked I am sure, it is outside my typical inspection. I AM looking for safety stuff, not your tax paying status, but that does not mean it is not important to someone else.. Used to be REAL popular around here for fuel checks, have not seen one is 10 years...

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2014 Greywolf 26DBH
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel