Old 11-18-2017, 02:57 PM   #1

Suggestions for Attractions in WA, OR, ID, and MT

We are signed up for a trip to Alaska next Summer. At the end of the tour we'll go on our own seeing a bit more in the US as we head home to New England. Not sure what to do and see in the states we will be driving through as we head east. So I'm hoping others who have good knowledge of the states listed might put their two cents in and help us decide. Thank you in advance.

Chrisc40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 03:18 PM   #2

It might help folks to know what states you will be traveling through.

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 03:41 PM   #3
Novice Travel Trailer Guy

Seattle: Snoqualmie Falls, Deception Pass, many things depending on likes. Portland: Columbia River attractions.

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BRDS Travel Trailer
2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT
benchmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 03:44 PM   #4
Novice Travel Trailer Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by benchmarks View Post
Seattle: Snoqualmie Falls, Deception Pass, many things depending on likes. Portland: Columbia River attractions.

Spokane: Silverwood Amusement Park. Coeur d'alene, Idaho. Much. Have Fun⛺️

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BRDS Travel Trailer
2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT
benchmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 03:45 PM   #5

My gad, you could spend the entire summer out west and not see it all. Mt Rainer NP, Olympic Penisular, all of the Oregon coast, Crater Lake, Mt St Helens, Historic Timberline lodge. Most of the high desert region of central Oregon, Yellowstone, Mt Rushmore, Grand Tetons. There are at least two months worth of sites for you to see.
donniedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 04:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by donniedu View Post
My gad, you could spend the entire summer out west and not see it all. Mt Rainer NP, Olympic Penisular, all of the Oregon coast, Crater Lake, Mt St Helens, Historic Timberline lodge. Most of the high desert region of central Oregon, Yellowstone, Mt Rushmore, Grand Tetons. There are at least two months worth of sites for you to see.
We will have about 1 1/2 to 2 months so it would be the top picks of WA, OR, ID and MT. We plan on seeing Yelliwstone and Grand Tetons before meeting up and heading to AK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisc40 View Post
We are signed up for a trip to Alaska next Summer. At the end of the tour we'll go on our own seeing a bit more in the US as we head home to New England. Not sure what to do and see in the states we will be driving through as we head east. So I'm hoping others who have good knowledge of the states listed might put their two cents in and help us decide. Thank you in advance.
Chrisc40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 04:21 PM   #7

You want to do the Oregon coast north to south, then at Crecent City back into Oregon. Stop at Oregon caves, then up to Crater Lake. After Crater Lake east to US97 north stop and visit me at LaPine state park. Were camp hosting the north loop in June,July. If you get reservations pick middle loop. Its the best! South is good too, just a bit more crowded. North loop is water 20A electric only. More for tenters. There is several days of things to see and do around LaPine if you get there. From here you can contunie north on 97 to I90 and into Seattle, or cross over MtHood on US26 into Portland and I5 north to visit MtSt Helens.
donniedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 12:19 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisc40 View Post
If you get to northern WA by July, don't forget the beautiful Lavender Festival in Squim WA
Just me and the Wife
emeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 12:26 PM   #9

If you make it to Astoria, at the mouth of the Columbia River, The Maritime Museum is definitely a must-see.
JimFitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 01:14 PM   #10

Going through Montana..make time for Glacier Nat'l Park. Spectacular. Gotta get there before Labor day...or pass till next time.

2014 Vespa LX150 2014 StellaAuto 125
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote