Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2012, 08:23 PM   #1

Summer trip anyone been to any of these places

We have scheduled a 2 week trip in July. We live in northern Ohio going to Eagle Wisconsin for 2 nights at Kettle Moraine State Forest. Then on to Oshkosh Wi at Kalbus County Harbor for 4 nights. Next is Copper Harbor in Michigans UP at Lake Fanny Hooe Campgrounds for 4 nights. Across the UP to Sault St Marie at Aune Osborn Campground for 4 nights. Our last stop will be in Traverse City Michigan at Timber Ridge Resort for 3 nights.
This will be the first long trip ever taken with the 5th wheel
Has anyone ever been to any of these locations? If so any comments? I would like to hear any good or bad and if there is anything special we should look for while on this trip?
Old 06-21-2012, 11:27 AM   #2

I have a RV lot that I own in Cedarville, UP, MI, so I will tell you that is a wonderful place, good fishing and lots to see in the Summer. Have a great trip.
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:38 PM   #3
Adventurer

did the reverse trip years ago, worked in the up and spent a lot of time in traverse city area. sleeping bear dunes, tequaniman falls, the locks or three must see places. ishpiming home of northern mich univ. has a really cool all wood arena that is an amazing architectural achievement.

fantastic golf courses through michigan. my favorite is arcadia bluffs just south of frankfort.

have fun
Local Ohio CGs - West Branch SP
4kmprs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:44 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kmprs View Post
did the reverse trip years ago, worked in the up and spent a lot of time in traverse city area. sleeping bear dunes, tequaniman falls, the locks or three must see places. ishpiming home of northern mich univ. has a really cool all wood arena that is an amazing architectural achievement.

fantastic golf courses through michigan. my favorite is arcadia bluffs just south of frankfort.

have fun
Ishipiming is home of (National Ski Hall of Fame),(Northern Mich.Univ.) is in Marquette, Mi. Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:16 AM   #5

Writing from Bay Furnace CG just west of Munising in Christmas, MI. Travelled up east shore of WI, stayed at Bong SP, Harrington Beach SP, Door County, Wells SP in MI and now here. All greats places and I highly recommend! Heading to the Falls next and then south to Traverse City SP and working our way back home to Indy.
Indy Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:14 AM   #6

Leaving Sunday, heading for UP. Staying several days at Van Riper SP in Champion MI. Then on to Straits SP in St. Ignace with a view of the bridge from our site. Then Traverse City SP around the 4th of July. Stop at Indiana Dunes SP on way home. We love lighthouses and will visit most of the Lake Superior ones in Michigan this trip.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:53 AM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RvBill3
Leaving Sunday, heading for UP. Staying several days at Van Riper SP in Champion MI. Then on to Straits SP in St. Ignace with a view of the bridge from our site. Then Traverse City SP around the 4th of July. Stop at Indiana Dunes SP on way home. We love lighthouses and will visit most of the Lake Superior ones in Michigan this trip.
While snowmobiling this winter we went to a light house in eagle harbour.
On the west side of the UP south of copper harbour. 4' rollers were coming in that day!
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:32 PM   #8

That one is on our list along with many others. We are covering all of the Keweenaw peninsula and east past Munising. Have already seen the far eastern ones near the Soo.