Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2007, 09:18 PM   #1

texas bbq

I'll be in Tyler Texas at the State Park there on Friday on my way to Colorado.
Does anyone know of a bbq place to recommend in that area?

Thanks,
JR
J.R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 09:42 AM   #2

Sorry, don't know of a place there. When you get a chance, I'd like to hear your opinion of Tyler State Park. I did a drive through a few years back and was not impressed with the sites. They seemed rather tight to me. Beautiful scenery though.

greg
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:27 AM   #3

Tyler State Park

Thanks Greg and I'll give you an opinion when I return it two weeks. I was blown away by the bbq in a little place in Denton; a gas station turned bbq place. The food was incredibly good but I can't remember the name of the place. I thought maybe I could find a similar spot around Tyler. Hope all is going better for you. Take courage and go slow. My DW had the same kind of injury last year at this time and she was hiking again by January. She disliked that heavy black boot!!

Jimmy
Old 07-17-2007, 11:23 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
Thanks Greg and I'll give you an opinion when I return it two weeks. I was blown away by the bbq in a little place in Denton; a gas station turned bbq place. The food was incredibly good but I can't remember the name of the place. I thought maybe I could find a similar spot around Tyler. Hope all is going better for you. Take courage and go slow. My DW had the same kind of injury last year at this time and she was hiking again by January. She disliked that heavy black boot!!

Jimmy
I live about 15 miles South of Denton but don't know of the place you are talking about as I don't go there that often. I'll have to have a looksee and try to find it. Tyler is a ways away from me and I know very little about the area. When I lived in Hurst there was a Ron's BBQ joint that had been around for many years that we would frequent for their plates.

greg
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:20 AM   #5
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
Yeah...hit the Interstate and head North to Kansas!

J/K...love dat' Texas BBQ~...sure do miss it.

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:18 AM   #6
AKA Bluebird

Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
Two suggestions:

1) Ask the locals. This is probably your best bet.

2) Google - bbq tyler tx The results indicate lots of bbq joints in the area and allows you to map them, etc. This may not be the best way to research quality, but it does at least allow you to check for proximity to the park.

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:53 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimurrrw View Post
Two suggestions:

1) Ask the locals. This is probably your best bet.

2) Google - bbq tyler tx The results indicate lots of bbq joints in the area and allows you to map them, etc. This may not be the best way to research quality, but it does at least allow you to check for proximity to the park.
Cool. Will do. Thanks and I agree about asking the locals. I usually stop at the place with the most pickup trucks.

JR

Tags
bbq