Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2013, 04:50 PM   #1

The U.S.A. is a vast, diverse, beautiful place!

We recently completed a 7200 mile adventure across the U.S.A. What a wonderful country that has so many amazing things to see and do!

I'm a Canadian, I am honoured to have the U.S.A. as a neighbour. We found nothing but calm and kind people during our month long trip. Of course I'm just repeating what all Americans' already know!

We felt like we were right at home the whole time. We met many interesting people, saw so many beautiful things (Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, Death Valley) and witnessed some of the determination and grit put forth by past Americans (Hoover Dam, Golden Gate Bridge, Mount Rushmore to name a few).

America the beautiful, indeed!

Shineysideup
shineysideup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:14 PM   #2

And I would love to explore Canada and learn all about our northern neighbors.
Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
We spend alot of money to go sit in the woods
GalsofEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:24 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalsofEscape View Post
Make sure you bring you're credit card, gas is 30% more! LOL!

Canada is a wonderful place to visit and live!

Happy camping,

Shineysideup
shineysideup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:19 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalsofEscape View Post
X2 Definitely on our bucket list...once we have more time to travel.
slide5r4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:54 PM   #5

Glad you enjoyed it here! we were up your way for the 4th of July at Niagara Falls ON. great country and everyone there was friendly too!

Sounds like a great trip for you, I`m slowly working on those places one trip at a time!

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:10 AM   #6

I am so glad that you had a wonderful trip and everyone treated you well. I know that there is the USA and Canada but we are all part of North America and many of us from the states have the same view of Canada. Some things may cost a little more in Canada but it is a must see and I have always been treated very well in Canada. Much better fishing up there. Thank you for your kind words.
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 06:48 PM   #7

We do appreciate and agree with your comments! Also think Canada is very special.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Robbsails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 12:07 AM   #8

Currently on a non-camping motorcycle trip from PA to AR to visit a friend. 1400 miles from Wilkes Barre PA to Ft. Smith AR. Had the chance to do the Talimena Scenic Drive in the Ouachita Nat Forest and the Pig Trail in the Ozark Nat Forest. Two great roads--the Talimena rivals Skyline Drive in VA! Lots of great stuff to see and drive. And another 1400 miles home yet, probably by a different route. Can't wait...
2019 Honda CRV (camping support vehicle)
2014 Harley Davidson FLHX (XLR cargo)
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 CTD, B&W Companion (toy hauler hauler)
Taranwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 07:45 AM   #9

North America

I retired 5 years ago after 2 careers spanning 41 years. Since that time, we have traveled more than 350,000 miles in our oversized SUV. From Key West to Fairbanks via the Al-Can we have LOVED it. With our NPS senior pass we have visited NP from Maine to California and most in between.

Loved it so much that we've purchased a class A with bunk beds to share with our many grandchildren. Since we started RVing in May 2014 we have logged about 10,000 miles and and 60 nights - most with 3 or 4 of our grandchildren. God willing we will continue sharing for a few more years,

So yep - go see - it is AMAZING.

Oh yes - one of those careers lasted 22 years in the US Army with lots of overseas tours. So I am well informed on sights outside North America but have fallen in love with tall trees, huge mountains, wonderful waterfalls, bears, open deserts, redwood forests, glaciers - anyways you all should get the idea. GO SEE.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:59 AM   #10
DDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by shineysideup View Post
Make sure you bring you're credit card, gas is 30% more! LOL!

Canada is a wonderful place to visit and live!

Happy camping,
I'd love to see Canada in our RV but as stated the cost is prohibitive so I'll settle for the US, the only time I got fleeced there was by a DR, in Canada it's every business that gets their hand in your pocket.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 10:04 PM   #11
Anacortesians

I'm pleased that you enjoyed your trip. I regret that you didn't visit the Pacific Northwest. We're ex-pat Brits who have lived in Washington State (for all except 3 years in tidewater Virginia) since 1968.

We're a bit biased, since we live here, but we feel that Anacortes is one of the nicest places we've ever been to in the US. Quiet, very scenic with a small-town ambience - population is around 18,000. It's the US end of the ferry service to Vancouver Island and has service to the other San Juan Islands (Friday Harbor, Orcas Island, Shaw Island) also. You can make a 3-day trip just using the ferries and staying in guest houses - but don't take your MH - it's very expensive.

We have lots of waterfront around town and its suburbs. We live in a neighborhood not far from the ferry terminal and there are five salt-water beaches within 20 minutes walking distance. Our two Labradors love it here.

Come to this area next time and then do the Oregon Coast - you won't be disappointed. Beware, though that mid-October through late March in Anacortes can be very gloomy and wet.
Old 11-06-2014, 11:40 PM   #12
WFD

Loved Anacortes...went on a whale watch expedition there, then down the Oregon Coast down to the Redwood Forest just over the California border...one of the most beautiful trips we have done! Wanna do it again some day....at a much slooooower pace this time!